“Good food, good service, nice location”
Review of Morton's Grille

Morton's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 224 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I took my two kids there for a quick bit before a movie. The service was extremely welcoming and friendly. I told our server we were on a limited time schedule and he more than accommodated us. The food was very good, but the Veal Mozz Meatballs were fantastic. Would love to come here for a nice, kid-free night, too.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

It's restaurant week here in Houston and we decided to check out Morton's for the first time. First impressions made this our last visit.

We made an 8:00 reservation. We were running ahead of schedule and arrived 20 minutes early. There were numerous empty tables, but the staff said they could not seat is until 8:00, so we waited and most of those tables were still empty when they finally say is at 8:00. Strike 1.

The food leaves much to be desired. This restaurant was bought out by Tillman Fertitta not long ago. It has been our experience that restaurants we once loved, once bought by him, turn to crap. I'm guessing that is what happened here. They brought bread that had dried onions on it. Not appetizing at all. We both chose the chili as our first course. It was good, but really reminded us both if a canned chili we've had before, so we were skeptical. It came with a slice of cornbread, that had it tasted like cornbread, would have been good with the cheese crust and mix of corn; but it really lacked the cornbread flavor. For my meal I chose the filet with Cajun rice. The meat was cooked to my specifications and very tender, but was the most flavorless steak I've ever had. The rice was absolutely gross and had a bitter flavor to it. Hubs chose the pork chops and they too were completely flavorless. His mashed potatoes were just blah. Well, now for dessert. We both chose the frozen peanut butter pie. And I have to say it was the best part of the meal. It actually was good. But overall, food sucked. Strike 2.

The service and atmosphere. This place us a but more casual than mist upscale restaurants. No table clothes, however there was a glass room in the back that had white linen table clothes, and we're not sure how you get to sit in there. There was broken plate glass all over the floor around our table and no one made any attempts to clean it up. The waiter was inattentive as Hubs tea glass was empty for long periods. The music being played was more like club music, not at all supportive of a nice quiet dinner. Strike 3.

I'd say skip this place for sure.

1  Thank trvlrdsq
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were on our way to a different restaurant when I turned to my wife and said that she was worth Mortons if she wanted to go. Of course, we went.

They have a watermelon mojito that was so good, I had two of them, even though they were $12 a pop. Our appetizer was rib tacos that were fantastic. The texture and the flavors were paired perfectly. Our main courses were a skirt steak and a French dip. We did not finish all of the food because the appetizer had put a big dent into our appetites.

One and half hours passed quickly and it was time to leave for the movie across the street. Our meal was enjoyable, the atmosphere was nice and we will return.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

First time to Morton's Grille. Just an all around fun delicious experience. My daughter had tomato bisque and salad while I had the prime beef cheeseburger. Prime beef and cheese; wow it doesn't get any better than that. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've not been to a Morton's restaurant before so I'm unsure if this is one is representative of the brand, however I have been to some of the other more upscale steak restaurants and I must say I prefer the slightly more casual ambience of this one - I find some of the others quite stuffy.

It being a Friday night we asked the concierge at our hotel to pre book the table and were happy to go for the 6.30pm offered (jet lag!!!!) - the restaurant was pretty much full as we left so I guess the moral is...book to be safe.

I had the crab cake to start and it's actually one of the nicest I've ever eaten (and I've had a few!!!), the fillet steak was of a great standard and cooked perfectly, however the masala pepper sauce I found far far too peppery for my taste. The service was fine although nothing really exceptional.