“Best food from appetizers to deserts”
Review of Ristorante Tuscany

Ristorante Tuscany
Ranked #121 of 220 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Italian
Dallas, Texas
“Best food from appetizers to deserts”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Osso bucco we have ever had. Pair with a great bottle of wine. Antipasto appetizers was wonderful. Service better than you get in most 4 star restaurants.

Visited July 2014

Houston, Texas
“Marriott lets you down!!! RAW MEATBALLS anyone??”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Sat. night. 4 tables (not busy). Took an hour for a drink order, then ignored. Came back, ordered the meatballs and spaghetti with grilled veg. I told the waiter NO oil whatsoever on the veg. (you can tell if it is "shiny"). Took 20 minutes to get food. Meatballs were RAW and the pasta was STEAMING. veg came covered in oil. So what seemed to be the manager came and was going to get me "new" vegetables. THat took 15 minutes. They came out greasy again. Waiter said it would take 6 minutes for a new meatballs???
I left. The manager? came after me. I was trying to make a concert and had yet to eat anything. So he suggested a chopped salad. That took 10 minutes. It consisted of a ceaser salad!
Marriott, this was a disgrace. The table of 5 women next to me ordered soup, it came out COLD TOO. THe place wasn't even busy!! there was a major storm otherwise I would have gone elsewhere (there are MANY MANY GOOD choices within walking distance of this hotel. Don't be a victim to the worst food and service on the planet

• Visited May 2014
Willis
“Cozy dining”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Could expand they "by the glass" wine offerings. Otherwise staff very accommodating, and feeling of community pub.

Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“The only thing - we were about the only people in the place!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant to just see how it was - The Marriott Waterway is a beautiful hotel, and we have attended functions here many times. My husband had stayed here years ago when it was new. I had a meal at Tuscany about twelve years ago, but it was a distant memory.

Our experience was this: we were one of two patrons in the place - strange - maybe too much competition around... The food was okay - and my salad was actually great - but it was the overwhelming hollowness of the "no people around" that prevailed. Hard to ignore this. The prices were not too bad, but I think that The Marriott needs to re-think how they present this restaurant. If I were them, I would do some construction and cut down the size of this part of it into an intimate Italian bistro - not like this huge hall multi-purpose room with a one size fits all intention.

My pasta dish was interesting - but not notable. My husband had pork chops - and he can get these same ones around elsewhere. The menu had some promise - but truly, I would think that there might be greater hope with remodeling to bring this together in a more attractive establishment - time to re-invent!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank West_Tx_54
Coldspring, Texas
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I took my father here for his birthday in July. The restaurant is located in the Marriot Hotel on the Woodlands Waterway. The hotel was not hard to find, but you actually have to walk through the hotel, out to the waterway and turn right and walk about 600 feet or 182m.This is fine if nobody in your party has any physical limitations. There is only one entrance to the restaurant itself and there are NO bathroom facilities in the restaurant. You have to walk back to the hotel for that.
The decor is very nice as is the view of the waterway, but it was lacking warmth.
The server seemed to be very new and the service was so slow, I was wishing I had brought a cereal bar to snack on. I ordered a drink, a mai tai and the waiter came back to the table and told me that the bartender did not know how to make it. Marriot? The Woodlands? On the waterway? I was a little shocked at that.
The food was good and Dad liked it. The only reason I chose this place was because Dad loves Italian food and we are not fans of chain, stand alone restaurants.
We went early, because there was a concert at the local venue that night and traffic was awful.
Also, you HAVE to valet park this is not an option. The tables are so very close together that I was able to hear any and all conversation from nearby tables.
I cannot recommend this restaurant, it was too pricey to be given a second chance. The staff needs better training as well as the cook. I can't say chef because there was nothing creative about the dishes for the price we paid.

• Visited July 2013