“Worst Service”

Lupe Tortilla
Ranked #28 of 275 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

The service was horrible. By far the worst I’ve ever had. This was my last night in town for work and I was meeting two of my coworkers here for dinner and drinks. I got out of work late, and I told them to start without me. When I got there, they said their service had started great; quick greeting, quick drinks, quick food..... then nothing. Their server had said he was leaving for the night but didn’t offer to close out with them, instead he introduced them to their new server and stood in the kitchen window awkwardly staring at them.

I got there and was told they hadn’t seen their new server since she was introduced to them, and multiple servers passed by our table without saying anything to us (but making lots of eye contact). I wasn’t acknowledged in any way, even though I was new to the table and looking at the menu. I was very confused as they were not busy at all. Three employees were standing right behind our booth doing literally nothing. We could see their original server through the kitchen window eating chips, and came out into the dining area to get himself some water. Good thing one of us got something to drink, I guess.

After I had been there for about 25 minutes, their new server finally came to our table. “[original server] never came back?!” Like..... no. And neither did you. She asked me if I wanted something to drink. I told her that 20 minutes ago I did, but at this point we’re all ready to leave so could we please have the check. My coworker asked her to split the check two ways. She said she would.

She brought the check back (after having a conversation with another server) and handed it to my coworker before realizing her mistake of not splitting the check like she said she would, and tried to take it back. My coworker said “don’t bother, just put it all on this card” and handed her her card.

As my coworker was signing the check and leaving a tip (over 10%, which was honestly much more than what was deserved), our server came and put down a tray table and slammed her tray onto it, and started to bus our table, even though my other coworker had still been snacking on the chips and guacamole. She didn’t say a word to us.

All three of us are in the service industry. We understand that sometimes people have an off night and mistakes are made. But no one apologized, no manager ever got involved, and no one showed any form of ownership with the oversight regarding our table. If my servers treated a guest that way I would be embarrassed.

I can’t attest to the food or drinks since I never got any, but the drink selection looked great and the fajitas being brought to another table smelled amazing.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Chipotle pork ribs, the beef & shrimp grill & the root beer here will make you come back for more! Look out for Carlos, he's the man that can suggest you options if you're undecided and wondering what to eat. Typical Mexican decor, ambience and for those wanting a home feel, they'll sing your birthday song in Mexican if you're planning on cutting your birthday cake there. Ideal for families with children, ample parking and great Mexican food!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Recently had a post wedding brunch for approximately 30 people - everything was wonderful. We were able to order from either the breakfast or lunch menus. Terrific variety. Excellent service from server Kayla.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

Our family of 12 returned to Lupe Tortilla for the 5th time to celebrate our son”s birthday. We have always had excellent service in the past, but today was the worst! With 5 grandkids aged 5 & under, waiting for food can be a challenge. Try waiting over an hour! Then food was served in shifts; 2 of them never got theirs until everyone else was finished. One pancake breakfast was served with the bright blue whipped cream plastic cap STILL in the whipped cream! After we requested to see a manager, our tortillas arrived, but everyone was done by then. They should be ashamed by this type of service. Needless to say, we won’t be returning.

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went there this morning, after I saw their sign yesterday indicating their being open for breakfast starting at 8:00 am. Today we tried it. What a delightful experience. The barbacoa and fried egg tacos are wonderful. The beans and potatoes on the side are excellent as well. Now, for the big payoff: our server, Adriana is THE BEST. She is super attentive, very friendly, and most gracious. She took a good experience and turned it into a truly memorable one. I commented that Lupe Tortilla can look forward to my being a repeating repeat customer.

Date of visit: June 2018