“Unexpected surprise”

The Egg and I
Ranked #28 of 214 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
“Unexpected surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We eat here a lot. I had a gift certificate and when checking out my bill was less. I was told I would just forfeit rest of money. Could not put towards friends bill. Manager mainly said, too bad. They could have offered one of their products they sell. Now I wonder if I want to continue eating there even though food is good. NEVER buy a gift card from them! I think this is very poor decision on their part not to honor what someone paid for.

Visited February 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast, very busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My family and I often come to the Egg and I to enjoy their wonderful breakfast dishes. They have the best hash brown potatoes that are a great accompaniment to all the various dishes. But...don't expect to walk in immediately and get seated. This is a very popular restaurant so the wait could be up to 20 minutes but rest assured, it's worth the wait!

The Woodlands, Texas
“Add a Little Texas to that Menu!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I enjoyed my breakfast just fine but it stopped short of being really satisfying. They offer one style of fried potato, and when you order it they always warn you that it's "not hash browns." I think the warning comes because it probably disappoints more than a few people (sort of hard, chunky, squares.)

It's Texas! - Offer some grits and sausage gravy for godssakes! The Egg and I seems a little too proud that. "This is what we serve and we're sticking to it."

The décor screams, "You must be at least 60 to enter!"

Baton Rouge, United States
“Great Breakfast Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Saw the good reviews on this restaurant and gave it a try. Very friendly staff and a very large breakfast menu. Food was good and the prices were very reasonable.

Houston, Texas
“Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've never been to Egg & I when I didn't have to wait (for breakfast) but it is totally worth the wait. The service is excellent and the food will not disappoint. A great breakfast!