“Great Destination”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stopped in for lunch to give it a try. No lunch menu but the appetizer menu had plenty to choose from. Very tasty salsa and chips but don't expect TexMex. Nice change. Great outdoor seating. Can't wait to revisit on a date night!

There are newer reviews for La Lupita Mexican Cuisine & Bar

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We ate on a Sunday night outside on the deck. They had fans blowing too intensely so we asked them to change or location, which worked fine. They must have had a large brunch crowd that day, because there were a few items no longer available on the menu. My mother in law wanted something simple and unspicy. When she asked the waitress for this, there was a language barrier. When the food arrived it wasn't anything that she had wanted. She wanted a simple soft taco with chicken and toppings. The manager came over and apologized when her order was not this but said they were an "ordinary" Mexican restaurant and didn't have what she wanted. So my mother in law ordered some soup and she was fine. My husband and I enjoyed our dishes. They were very large and we took some food home. We liked the sauces and the chips were the thick double fried kind that we had in the Ixtapa area of Mexico. I think with time the service will get better. We had someone with little experience as we kept having the boy serving us water go find her. And then we couldn't understand each other

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Hugh portions I recommend splitting something. The drinks were fair nothing to write home about. It was also very nosiy

Reviewed July 15, 2012

You want to make this restaurant. This was our first time and we were pleasantly surprised. We started with speciality tequila drinks and two appetizers of guacamole and chorizo queso with corn tortillas. The size of each was enormous and quality outstanding. Then for the main course we had sirloin tacos (4) and a specialty chili relleno....with both being....."bring me some more quality!" Basically each item was $10. Total bill for two drinks, two appetizers and two entrees was $70....encluding tax. This restauant also has many gluten free items. We cannot wait to go back! The only drawback.....little loud and crowded....but that goes with success.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

La Lupita has a nice location on the Woodlands Waterway, with outdoor dining, when the weather allows, and tasty Mexican food.

The chiles rellenos were some of the best I've ever had. We had the "traditional" style, although they offer several variations. We also tried the pork shank, and while it was well-made, I didn't enjoy it as much, due to the mole. That was more my fault, however, since I knew it had mole on it, and I ordered it anyway. I'm just not a mole fan. Very good margaritas as well.

Service was very good, and prices were a bit high for comparable Mexican food, but that is likely driven by the location.