“Mmmhh, not going back”

Zunum
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: At Zunum, Adults can relax and enjoy a gourmet meal in an Adult environment while kids can play, be active and behave as kids in a an indoor supervised thematic play area. These two conicting worlds coexist at Zunum. The combination results in wonderful family dining experience for all. Zunum is a place where Adults can be Adults and Kids can be Kids and no one has to Compromise!
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Well the only good thing is the large kid play area, which is nice, it would help if food was actually cooked and good; Mostly frozen and costly for the quality offered. Even if reserved well in advance we waited 20 minutes and had to push to get our seats.....
Not going back unless for kids need a play.

1  Thank ricky v

Reviewed December 14, 2012

First of all the food was not good. Just frozen food reheated and served. Secondly, they hurry you to eat and then ask you to pay and clear the table for other guests. Everyone around us including ourselves were asked to close out out ticket and move while the kids played after just a couple of minutes after eating.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I'd bought a Groupon to try this place out, so we went on a Saturday around noon. There were very few patrons- not a good sign. We ordered a club sandwich to split- we ALWAYS split a sandwich everywhere because generally speaking restaurant sandwiches at this price point are giant. I ordered an extra side of sweet potato fries for me and my husband had the regular fries. When the food arrived we were quite shocked at how little meat there was on it- I mean hardly any! It had a little chipped ham and turkey and fewer bacon bits than would make up a complete strip of bacon. Sad. We wondered if they had ever seen an actual club sandwich- it didn't even have 3 slices of bread and had no dressing of any kind- no mayo. Then they cleverly disguised the fact that there weren't very many fries by stuffing the little metal fry container with paper topped by maybe 15-20 fries. One the plus side the bread was good.

Skip this place, and go to Jason's, or- at these prices- you could go to Hubble & Hudson and be very satisfied.

1  Thank julia s
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We tried Zunum for the first time tonight, and I don't think we'll be rushing back. The only good thing was the children's play area. I had the avocado shrimp blt, which was ok, it really wasn't worth the price tag. My husband had the cheeseburger, and we both can say Culver's across the street is way better! It had no seasoning or flavor of any sort. My son had pasta marinara off the kids menu, and he wouldn't eat it because it was spicy. The food is way over priced for the quality.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We celebrated our daughter's seventh birthday at Zunam. This was our first time to visit and we went primarily because we had a Groupon. The restaurant has a dining area and a supervised play area for kids. The entire restaurant is a relaxed environment set up well for socializing. They also have several TVs on the walls playing a variety of shows. The restaurant charges $5 per kid to play in the play area.

The good: The food that we ordered was all pretty tasty. Depending on your perspective, the supervised play area is fairly inexpensive babysitting, OR a pretty expensive charge to play on a mediocre kids play ground.

The not so good: The kids ordered mac & cheese and the portion size was small even for a kids meal. The kids play area was less impressive than Chick-fil-A playgrounds which are free (but unsupervised). Prices are fairly high and I would have choked on the bill if I didn't have the Groupon.

The reality: Will this place survive? I'll be surprised. The concept of the restaurant is to eat and socialize while the kids play in the supervised play area. This resulted in about a two hour stay for us, which was nice. Table turnover is slow and the restaurant does not pressure you to leave. However, in the time we were there, there did not seem to be a wait at the door either.

1  Thank sak116