All reviews front desk walking distance diamond member quiet location market street would stay again nice hotel nice pool a great place to stay business trip nice stay rooms are clean shopping and restaurants breakfast buffet bed was comfortable hgi lobby
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Overall this is a great location for this hotel if you have business in the area. But at the moment, you need to be aware the hotel is undergoing rennovation, which I was not made aware of until I got to the hotel. The main floor has rooms refurbished, which are nice and comfortable and what you would expect of a Hilton, but the hallways are still being constructed, and the room numbers are tagged by sheets of paper on the walls. The bar is also a makeshift table in the main lobby.

But that said, staff were excellent and did their best in trying circumstances. Breakfast was complimentary due to the refit, and for a place simply to stay on business all was fine. I wouldnt want to holiday there at the moment, but I think it is more of a business hotel. Also, there is only limited room service during the rennovations, so best to plan to eat out.

Good location, with easy walk if you dont have a car across to the Woodlands Mall, and Market Street restaurant area.

So its ok at the moment while the renovation goes on. No noise I noticed at night, and should be a much improved experience when the rennovations finish in Feb!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
elain3, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your review and we're sorry if we did not communicate our renovation but we're glad that you enjoyed your stay. The renovation should be completed by february 17th and we hope you stay with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed in many Hiltons, and I definitely expected more from this one. When booking this hotel, no one mentioned to my fiancé that there were renovations going on. We did not find this out until we checked in and were told to "read the letter" with our key to learn more. As it was the weekend, we were assuming and hoping that the construction would not go on early Sunday morning as we attended a concert on Saturday night and wanted to sleep in. We were wrong. There was loud hammering in the room next us at around 8am on Sunday that lasted for over an hour. As I was up, I went to the breakfast buffet. The staff at breakfast was very nice, but the food seemed to have been out all morning and was subpar for what I'm used to from a Hilton. Our room was okay, but there was not a vent fan in the bathroom, very few towels, and the toilet clogged. Perhaps one day we will check it out again, but definitely not until we are 100% sure they have finished renovations.

Room Tip: Make sure that renovations are done
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here for a quick get away and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. The lobby is well laid out and the coffee is always fresh and hot. We didn't splurge on the breakfast area but it looks like there are enough options to meet most of the traveling palates. Staff was present but not overly attentive. Lots of families staying during our stay. Enjoyed our time there and would return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I likethis hotel franchise but this hotel did not live up to my past experiences of HGI. It looks shabby. Our two queen bed room is ok but not very large. The bathroom is small and looks old. I will not stay a second night. But the price is good and the lobby is very nice. AC works great. I moved from a marriott franchise as this hotel became available. Another very good thing about this HGI is there is no traffic freeway noise. Anything close to IH 45 will be loud but this hotel is very quiet. In the pine trees. It is average but needs updating in my opinion.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 24, 2012

First of all the staff at this hotel is wonderful. The hotel itself is clean, comfortable and located right off the highway, but first and foremost the staff was great. Very accommodating and super friendly. Did not eat the breakfast but hot coffee was always in the lobby. Only issue was in room fridge did not work (did not report). Would for sure return to this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family