“Nice hotel, Typical HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Spent a quick night here for business after a late flight, staff was pleasant and room was clean and comfortable. Appears to be in a great area with plenty to do within walking distance. Unfortunately we left early in the morning so I wasn’t able to have one of the delicious cooked to order breakfasts but it was still a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I go to the Texas Renaissance Festival ever year near Houston. We always choose the Hilton Garden Inn every time we go. Our normal choice was already booked, so we chose this one in The Woodlands. The place is very nice, very friendly staff and went out of their way to be helpful. Perfect score in every category except for the bed(s) they chose to provide. They are the air mattress type beads. I have never been so uncomfortable. It was like sleeping in a short hammock. It actually had a two to three inch dip at the lower back area. I do not have a back problem, but would if I had to sleep in that bed for a few days. I hate to give such a negative rating, but this issue can be fixed. An uncomfortable bed on this level is not an option. Will ask if beds have been replaced before I book there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
elain3, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I do apologize for your bed experience. We at the Hilton Garden Inn have the Garden Sleep System beds. In order to form it to your body you must use the dial on the side of the bed to adjust the preference from hard to soft. The bed systems are tempurpedic which will adjust to your body type additionally after you lie down. On your next stay please make sure to contact the front desk to guarantee the best sleep possible.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice, clean and quiet hotel in The Woodlands on walking distance (I stayed in October, when the weather was great) of shopping mall and convention center. Breakfast was very good with kind, helpful personnel. Hotel easily accessible from highway I-45 and about 30 minutes taxi ride from G.Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Rooms should be provided with drinking water daily (with respect to the price paid per night).
Privacy in swimming pool area is not very high as it is open (in view) to the parking lot. Some green fencing may make a difference.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I checked into the hotel for a jazz concert in The Woodlands area. The hotel was nice and quiet. My room was very clean and the king size bed was comfortable. We were on the fourth floor just one room away from the elevator but we were not disturbed by any noise from the elevator which worked fine while we were there. The location is in a wooded area a couple of miles from the the freeway and near the mall. We had a very pleasant stay and we are going back in November and have already made reservations for our return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is very disgusting and would never stay here again. The only reason we stayed here was because my Husbands company paid for this hotel and we could not change because they already had their credit card number. First day of check in we were given a room that smelt of mold and mildew after having our luggage with us we had to go back to the front desk and get changed to another room. The next room was not smelling as bad until the bathroom door was opened and the smell or urine was very over powering we then had to get the maid to re clean the bathroom and the floor that was full of urine. The towels are black and not white and have a terrible odor to them.The carpets are all needing to be replaced and the bedding also has a terrible odor and the white bed spreads are black and have never been cleaned. The stair wells need work as the cement is all cracked a very scary looking in places. The elevators do not work properly and it is a wonder you don't get stuck in them. You can not have the bathroom door open and then try and come into the room. The toilet run off and on all night long and did not flush unless you held the handle down for a couple minutes or so. The area where they have the restaurant is very unclean and looks like it has never been cleaned. if you want to have a good sleep I suggest not to stay at this hotel. for the price of the rooms I would actually rate this hotel as a big fat 0. Never ate at the hotel so do not know how it is. They do not have a spa and the pool is very small i would be embarrassed to be a Hilton if this was my hotel.

Room Tip: I would stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott which is right next door i looked at the rooms there t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carey O O
elain3, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

I apologize for the experience you had with our guest rooms and restaurant area. These are two areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. The health and safety of our guest is also a main concern for us. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and we are just as disappointed. Based upon your review, I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you please contact me directly so I can gather more information and make things right.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I booked a room at this hotel for the easy access to The Woodlands Pavilion. The hotel provided an extended size golf cart service as a shuttle to and from the Pavilion ($3/person), which was very convenient. We walked home from the concert and the walk was not bad either. The hotel was very nice and spacious. My only complaint would be the feather pillows and the fact that the room did not get extremely cold (we like to sleep in a freezer) even though we had the A/C on the coldest setting possible. Also, my husband learned that the hotel breakfast is not free ($12) after he had made himself a plate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here for a night and it was really comfortable. It had everything you would expect from a hilton. The rooms were nice and clean. The location is pretty good as it is close to restaurants and the the mall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family