We made a phone reservation for a Jacuzzi suite at this Best Western and the front desk attendant was kind enough to give us the "larger" suite. It was nice but not as nice as some suites we have had in the past for the same price. The drain "stopper" for the Jacuzzi was in the middle of the large tub, which was not comfortable!! Quiet frankly, it was a JOKE! It appeared that there had been mildew all around the edge of the tub, but it had been caulked over, for the most part. The overall room was clean but the bath and hand towels as well as the washcloths were old and some were stained while most of them had frayed edges. Just not what you would expect from a decent hotel. The king sized bed was hard and seemed shorter (for some strange reason!) than most king beds we have slept in. Feet hanging off the end of the bed just felt odd! The pillows smelled clean and that is something I always check! Funky smelling pillows are gross. We were going to make coffee in our room the next morning since we had slept in and missed the 9:30 cut-off time for breakfast but the coffee maker didn't work. Best Western has pretty good coffee and we did get some after the desk attendant unlocked the breakfast room. The location was easy to get to from FM 242 and had easy access to I-45 and it was quiet.
Would we stay here again? No. There are lots of hotels all along the Interstate, most of which are either newer or better maintained. This Best Western needs a renovation! It is so disappointing to arrive at a hotel for your very first visit and see a beautiful updated front desk/lobby area and then see your room you just paid good money to stay in! That will help you in your decision making process of where to stay on your next visit to the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in The Woodlands, Texas, the Best Western The Woodlands offers a wooded, serene location just minutes away from world renowned golfing, fine dining and first class hospital care. The Woodlands is home to many global companies including Anadarko Petroleum, Chevron Phillips and Hewitt Associates. The Best Western The Woodlands offers genuine Texas hospitality with a smile. Customer service is our forte. Cool off in our sparkling pool, exercise in our fitness center, work in our business center or enjoy a hearty breakfast. We have it all. We look forward to taking excellent care of you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS The Woodlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Best Western