“Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here with 3 kids in March. Hotel is a no frills type place, not very fancy with bells and whistles, but it was clean, safe, and very friendly. Breakfast was decent. The manager, Luis, was very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. Location, parking, and proximity to Woodlands, all good. Excellent customer service made our stay great. We would stay here again without question.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mazatlan, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel was not set up well for the location when you did not have a car.
Breakfast lacked friesh fruit. There was a banna some morings and just canned peaches the rest of the time.
Scrambled eggs were good.
It could have been me but I never found the jam until the 4th morning.
Breakfast seemed to be all over the place

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here during a week-long business trip recently and chose it because it seemed that it might be quieter than other similar motels in the area. I received a room on the back side, which was indeed quiet. However, although the motel looks good from the outside, I was immediately hit with a very smoky smell in my no-smoking room. There were few rooms available, so we were not able to change rooms. I requested that they spray some air freshener which I'm pretty sure they did not (I was there for four nights). The room was pretty well worn out, the desk chair had some nasty stains on it and the easy chair had tears in the seat. After my second night there the bed sheets were changed to what must have been the world's oldest sheets. The top sheet was virtually transparent, and the bottom sheet had holes in it. It was late so I tried to ignore it, assuming that they would be changed the next day. The next evening, late again, I had the same sheets. I will try a different place next time. This was not up to Best Western standards.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room on the back side, it's a lot quieter. The interstate noise...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Everything was great from the time we walked in the door until the time when checked out! Requested an early check in and it was given, even though they were sold out the night before. Great customer service, clean room, big variety at breakfast. Great place to stay!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vidor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The location was perfect-next to I-45, really enjoyed my stay, staff was so nice and area was
safe and parking lot was well lighted at night-Thank You. Will be staying again soon, also the breakfast food was so good.

Room Tip: stay 2 nights so that you have time to enjoy everything the hotel has to offer.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Enjoyed the no hassle stay. I liked the location near where I needed to be. My room was nice and I had a small breakfast the next day. The food was mediocre. The t.v. was good. The alarm clock went off without me setting it. I didn't appreciate being awakend an hour early. Staff was friendly. There were stacks of sheets in the hall in front of the rooms the housekeeper was cleaning. That didn't look very good as I walked down the hall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brookfield, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Below par for the Woodlands. I've been in three rooms and the situation was about the same in all of them. Rooms are not clean with splatters on walls, artwork, and curtains. The carpets and furniture were nice, but dirty and frayed. There is water damage in the ceilings and exterior walls. Our first room had not been cleaned, but they nicely found another room for us. We had electrical problems that left us with no lights in the bathroom some of the time. The hotel ran out of facial tissue. The rooms smell like mildew mixed with other fragrances, each one having a unique personality. We had wasps appearing in our room, which we had to handle ourselves. Some of the clean towels the maid dropped off had been rolled up before they were completely dry. During our entire stay there, one of the hallway smoke alarms was beeping due to a dead battery. If you want milk or yogurt with your breakfast, be sure to go to breakfast early before they run out. Be cautious of the oatmeal toppings, they are left out all day and night uncovered. Many of the white towels have stains. If you can't keep the white towels white, maybe it would be wise to choose a different color? The hangers in the room are permanently attached to the closet bar, making it difficult hang a garment bag. All that said, the staff are really friendly. The furnishings in the rooms are nice (the bathroom is especially nice, with a good tub surround and granite countertop). Despite being very close to the freeway, road noise,while present, is not too bad. Overall, the place just needs a little cleaning and maintenance to be a very good hotel. As it is now, don't book here with high expectations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family