“Decent Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, United States
“Decent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

The room was overall clean although when I first got here and throughout my stay there was a stench of cigarette smoke. The staff was really nice. The breakfast was ok.... The items were not regularly filled so if you want a waffle, I hope you ok with toast sort of situation. If you stay on the side of the hotel facing the highway, you hear all the outside noise. The location is very convenient though easy to get to when you take the exit. A big plus for me was the fact that they take pets. I travel a lot and my pets often come with me. The room was a good size and although the rooms had refrigerators and microwaves, for me I wish the freezer section would be bigger.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The room was adequate, but dreary. The bathroom was clean. The breakfast was barely ok. Staff were pleasant. The bedroom door had a broken safety lock the toilet overflowed. It was a good location for the highway.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
bwthewoodlands, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Woodlands, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for allowing us to meet your lodging need. We will be addressing all your concerns right away. We look forward to seeing you again.
Luis Castro General Manager
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently stayed here for a one night visit while attending a local cross country meet. Had a great stay with no complaints. The rooms was nice,roomy and clean. It was great to have a frig and microwave too! The breakfast in the morning was also great! It's located right on the highway which is great to find but not so great for the noise. If you are a light sleeper I would recommend getting a room opposite the highway. Also, a room on the upper floor as I heard it could be noisy if someone is above you. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank gottavacation
bwthewoodlands, Luis Castro GM at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Woodlands, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We strive to meet every guests expectations with every stay. It was our pleasure to make your stay enjoyable. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Detroit, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed there for a business trip and let me tell you this place is fantastic. I generally stay at Marriott properties but they were booked up around the Woodlands. I am glad they were all booked up so I can stay here.

breakfast is great
wifi is excellent
room is fantastic
employees friendly

Room Tip: backside away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very glad that we were able to meet all your expectations, We will continue to exceed your every need. We look forward to making your next stay with us even more enjoyable
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have used the services of this hotel twice and plan on many more trips here. The staff is fast and courteous and the rooms were cosy. I enjoyed use of all amenities like the weight room and pool, and the all inclusive breakfast added the right touch. In all, I was completely impressed

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwthewoodlands, Luis Castro GM at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Howard, It was our pleasure to make sure your stay here at Best Western PLUS The Woodlands was an enjoyable one. We strive to make all of our guest feel like family. We look forward to making you feel welcomed next time you stay with us.

Luis Castro
GM
Hewitt, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

very nice hotel, big room and big bathroom with a nice deep tub.
very clean, breakfast is the same as all hotels. We were very happy with our 2 night stay, desk staff friendly and attentive. only one minus, there is no coffee in the lobby and the breakfast room is locked and has to be onlocked by the help, and no coffee after breakfast.
it is also close to the woodlands mall, we took a little cruise at twilight

Room Tip: rooms in back have less traffic noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwthewoodlands, Luis Castro GM at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
On behalf of my staff and myself, I would like to thank you for staying with us. It was our pleasure to have you here. We strive to make sure all our guest become our family. We will have our coffee available to everyone at all times.