WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Woodlands

BEST WESTERN PLUS The Woodlands
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
Benton, Illinois
“Like We Never Left Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

My Wife and I travel year round for our business, and I am constantly reminded of that oh-so-familiar "hotel" feeling. This is by far THE best hotel we have ever had the pleasure to stay in. We called the Best Western at the last minute because the hotel we booked, over booked and basically denied that we had made a reservation even though I had my conformation page, and I don't and to name any names, FAIR-FIELD INN!!! The Manager at BW was amazing, he booked us for 4 nights at a reduced rate to help us out, which was great because we would have been more than happy to just pay the regular rate. The People at the front desk were also great Kim, the assistant manager, knew every good place to eat in the area, and Dillon, who we later found out was Kim's son (which made us feel like this was not just a hotel and staff but a home and its family), knew about every hot spot and fun thing to do in the Woodlands. AND THAT WAS JUST CHECKING IN! Once we made it to the room, we were pleasantly surprised to find that for the small price we had paid we basically got a small studio suite! The room didn't have a Kitchenette but honestly with all the places to eat in the area, we didn't miss it. House keeping never missed us on the four days we were there, we always got fresh towels and and our bed never stayed unmade! In my field I HAVE to have high speed internet and this Best Western delivered. FREE Wi-Fi Internet and I never once got a "Timed out" message when typing up my daily reports, which all too frustratingly often happens at other hotels. In fact Im using their internet right now!
I will say though the floors seem to creak a bit and if the people under me are hearing it as much as we hear the people above us, then they may be getting annoyed, but in all honesty, Ive never had any hotel that this didnt happen, and its really a non-issue!
I Have every intention on returning in the future whether here on business or here for fun, these guys make you feel like family, and feel like you never left home!

Room Tip: The only down side to our suite was that being on the 2nd floor the people above us were a bit noisy...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SirTravlesalot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

The Best Western Woodlands is a nice hotel but it’s a bit difficult to locate due to limited signs to direct you. Also on check in the Desk Clerk was all most rude when informing me of the No Smoking policy.
I had requested a Non Smoking room with my reservation and on check in she informed me of the $200 cleaning charge for smoking in a non smoking room. I felt it was rude the way she stated she didn’t care what I smoked, she would apply the charge. I was offended by the remark and felt she was accusing me of committing a crime

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I reserved on-line and because it said pets were welcome, I was hesitant. My grandson was traveling with us and he has to carry an epi-pen for allergic reactions to various things including dogs and cats. I requested they place us in a pet free room. When we arrived they were so courteous and assured us they had thoroughly cleaned the room just for us although they have not had pets in some time. Everything about this place was pleasant. Discounts were also available at local diners. When we checked out they were asking if everythihng was okay. We assured them it was. The pool was cloudy but the temperatures were so high that may have been the cause. That is the only negative I found other than one employee who smarted about providing free toilet paper for us to take home when we asked for another roll. The one in the room was already almost gone when we checked in. He had an attitude but should not and can not negate the friendliness of the rest of the staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Okie-gram
Arlington, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Location is good, easy to get to. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Service was okay, nothing special. Breakfast was typical, but the coffee was weak and cold. The biggest complaint was the pool. The water was dark green! I cannot believe that the gate was open for guests to go in. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

The staff was terrific!, The hotel was clean and spaceous, loved the pool. We stayed there because the take pets, and it was close to family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

We traveled to Houston as the parents of a college swim team that was staying there. The staff went out of their way to accomodate the swimmers by keeping the breakfast room open for studying all day and late into the evening, getting extra fruit promptly without asking, posting signs welcoming the team by name and giving parents directions to everywhere we needed to go patiently and repeatedly. (If you have tried to navigate the Houston highway system you understand how helpful that was!) It was a great experience.

Stayed February 2011
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed here during the winter holiday and it was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. The breakfast was great, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the staff was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends