“Nice venue, could be better”

Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I recently revisited Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion a couple of weeks back. It had been a long time since my previous visit and it was still just like I remembered. I live in Spring so the long commute referenced by other reviewers is not an issue for me. I am here in 15 minutes or less. Parking is never an issue. I always park in the garage across the street on Market Street. They have paths to cross the street. After the event is over, there are security personnel out there stopping traffic for you to cross the street back to the garage.

Being an open air pavilion, this place gets pretty warm during the summer. We had covered seating and it was still very hot. There are some large fans over head that keep the air circulating, but it was still hot as hell. I could not feel any air moving from where I was sitting. With the sun setting all evening, we were in direct sun for a large portion of the show. Your best bet is to come during the cooler months and not in the middle of summer like myself.

The concessions here are a bit on the high side. I know that is to be expected and venues like this, but they could be a little lower and would generate a lot more business. Most beers were $12 with some options being $9. Luckily, I went to Market Square before the show and enjoyed numerous happy hour stops before our show. In my opinion, this is the way to go. I had a pretty good buzz going before we arrived at the event. I spent a fraction of what I would have spent at the show doing it which is always good.

I will probably return here due to the proximity to my home and they have great shows. Most of the top bands that come to Houston play here. If you are looking to have a good time and see a good show, make the trek up north and check this place out. I think you will enjoy it. Just make sure to not go when it is 100 degrees out and you will be fine.

There are newer reviews for Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Screw the Woodlands pavillion. Its too far... too hot...traffic and parking is a nightmare. Plus the staff are pricks. U cant even smoke a cigarette in the seats and the place is a outside venue. Too bad some of my favorite bands always play there. The Toyota center in downtown Houston is a much better venue

4  Thank Howard F
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We see several concerts here each year and the staff is always nice and even if you sit on the lawn you can see and hear the show. Costs usually depend on the artist you are there to see so to each his own I think ticket prices have gotten a little out of hand anyway though.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Clean and great security. The place has a very laid back vibe. Acoustics are average, but the overall experience outweighs the average.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I saw Il Divo in concert in 2012, and Tina Turner in one of her last performances. Houston is HOT in the summer, so if you can afford it, get a reserved seat under cover. i saw James Taylor from a lawn seat. Occasional breeze made it tolerable. Acoustics are good. Giant screens help with visuals if you have lawn seats. Highly recommend reserved parking. Refreshments are EXPENSIVE!