The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Booked in for New Year as we had tickets to local live music venue. The service was impecable, the room perfect and our entire stay was a pleasure. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and the service i received at the riverway was faultless.

Room Tip: overlooking the riverway
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagement002, Manager at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you return.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I work out of town and was able to come home to see my wife I set up for an overnite stay at the Marriott and asked for a King with a balcony, once I arrived I was given a double and they could not fix this issue. I went ahead and took the double but was very dissapointed in the room. The temp for the new year was cold and we could not get the heater to come on, I had called and the good thing is, is that they promptly came up and found the issue. They flipped the blown breaker and we had heat. Also, we ordered breakfast and half the order had been messed up, some things arrived and others did not. Little dissapointed. On the up side is the stay its self was comfortable and the beds were nive and comfy, but over all, I would recommend the hotel. Once you get your confermation email from the reservation crew, call and make sure you get what you ask for, if you dont youre going to get something different. Over all, not to shabby!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you bringing to our attention your issue with breakfast. We will be addressing this with our restaurant staff. Hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We made a quick reservation at The Marriott recently when our home lost electricity and we wanted a warm comfortable room for an ill family member. As expected we were warmly welcomed and our room was just what we hoped to find. I have stayed at this hotel previously and it is very nice.

After spending all day dealing with a medical issue we ordered room service. It arrived in a reasonable amount of time and looked delicious. Once we cut into our tenderloin we found a well done steak when we ordered a warm red center. The other entree, Grouper, was also over cooked and very dry. The salads and sides were just fine. We should have called Room Service right away, but didn't want to wait another 45 minutes for dinner.

We brought this to the attention to the front desk the next morning. The agent said he would pass along our complaint, but we never heard from The Marriott after this. Again, we should have called immediately. The quality of our meal was poor compared to the cost.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank houstondebby
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I spend 10-15 nights per year at this hotel as it is located within walking distance of our Woodlands office. The service has always been good - this hotel is consistent and reliable. The fitness centre is open 24 hours and there are good running paths along the canal outside. Close to several good restaurants and pubs. Room rates are very high as they have a captive market - it is here or the Hyatt and both will cost you $300 - $350.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband & I stayed here a week ago, as my husband's company Christmas part was held here. The biggest plus side was that they had our room ready at 10am when we arrived, which was very appreciated as my husband had a five hour business meeting prior to the party. This preggo chicken wasn't sure what I would have done in the meantime, and was in dire need of a nap. The shower/tub area could have been cleaner, but I will say that the water pressure was phenomenal. :-). After my husband's Christmas party we decided to visit the Italian restaurant for dinner, since dinner wasn't provided at the party and my husband had a decent amount of alcohol. Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed for a private party which meant that we ended up ordering room service. Seems silly to me that such a large hotel & convention center would shut down a the only restaurant in the building for a private Christmas party. I know of at least two additional parties taking place at this time, and it would have been very convenient for those who had over-indulged. The room service was good, but it would have been nice to had a real sit down dinner instead of a dinner in our bed. I know of others in our party who were also disappointed in the lack of dining options available to them.
The hotel itself s nice, but I felt like they nickeled & dimed you for everything. Not all of the television stations worked, but the good still outweighs the bad. Our room was quiet and we slept well. The concierge lounge was well stocked and the hostess was awesome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nine nights spent here during a recent business trip. Despite being + Usd 300 per night, some very basics were not available, mini bar, Iron, complimentary water. An up-selling culture exists in all regards, from the moments you check in, at breakfast where an espresso is charged as extra, parking, and so on. Food was average and again overpriced for what it was. The room cleanliness was questionable and one every occasion I did laundry (six out of nine nights) the bag was never once replaced, I had to g down to reception for replacements. Over the weekend and without notice, extensive renovations were carried out, it was so loud that I could not relax or even listen to music or TV in my room. Imagine industrial style heavy tools two floors below, and over a weekend. This contradicts the most basic principle of a hotel, in my view a place to relax and rest in comfort. Overall a very bad experience and one that has indeed put me off what is normally an excellent hotel chain. Complaints were met with indifference and although some staff appeared sorry, nothing was done, I mean come on now, heavy industrial style renovations done over a weekend! To top it, when you got out the lift on my floor, there was a large signboard asking guests to be considerate to other guests and keep the noise down, Irony eh….

The breakfast that was included in the rate was charge every day, despite four visits to the front desk to get this orated out, when I finally did check out it was charged for al nine days. Overall a terrible experience from a hotel not worthy to carry the good Mariott name.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Paul F

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your at our hotel. I'm sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Management is in the process of reviewing your comments and concerns and will be addressing all with involved departments.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a great hotel...convenient to Woodland's mall and the interstate. Great service, nice lounge on top floor. Rooms clean, but some in need of mechanical work. Ours had a squeaking air conditioner, and random reception problems on TV. Rates are high for the area, and there is an $11 a day charge to park your car, which seems high for the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the canal rather than the mall.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family