“Great staycation for Houstonians!”

The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston
“Great staycation for Houstonians!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived after a long drive in from Houston on a Friday night for the John Mayer concert. Valet was very pleasant and offered to take all our luggage out of the car and even the baby. They helped rack our luggage on the cart and since we were already late for the concert, they offered to drive us to the Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavillion! All the staff and greeters were very friendly. I know that's there job, but it was still refreshing. As far as amenities they're very nice. The pool needs more loungers and patio chairs but it may not even be big enough to accommodate. People don't really go on vacations to workout, but the Marriott didn't scimp on their gym and that's good! The rooms are clean and a good size. They even have quiet toilets and heavy doors. This matters to me because I'm a light sleeper and don't like to be woken up. My wife used her dryer and it didn't bother me because it wasn't that loud. I would come back to the Marriott for all the shopping, food and running trails that are so close by.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I work at Travelocity and I had booked my hotel on a discount that I am eligible for after giving multiple exams for Marriott and Hilton hotels. Inspite of booking the hotel on a discount - the manager asked me for my certificate. I has confirmed prior to arrival that will I require it and they said no. I was charged full price during check out and now the lady Katie who assumed me that if I mail them the certificate they will give me a refund in 14 days. Its been over 1.5 months and they are the more incompetent and unreliable bunch of staff I have ever met. I have NEVER in my life had this issue with a 5 star hotel. I will encourage you to never pay full price during check out.
Kate left on vacation for 3 weeks and did not care to inform anyone about this situation. And no one bothered to call me back after she was back and finally after getting in touch with her - she assured to call me back yesterday (monday - 7/15/2013) and incompetent that she is, she does not care to respond to messages.

Super disappointed and never staying in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank annie g
Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My daughter and friends were going toa concert at The Pavillion. The Marriott was next door, so I felt very secure about their safety walking to and from. Nice rooms. Although they were working on some renovations, they had staff every where checking on your comfort. Incredibly friendly staff from valet to room service! It's across from great shopping, too! Will stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms are not as cold as I would have liked, but comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Checked into a $400/night room. Had a hassle at check in, get to the room and there's blood on the bed spread. Started looking around and found that the toiletries in the room were partially used....nasty. Hotel is in desperate need of an update. Old fixtures, old decor and now, as I'm writing this, we just discovered the television doesn't work.

I'd rather stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2013
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Waterway in The Woodlands is a really nice development. It's the San Antonio river-walk gone corporate. The hotel is located dead in the middle of the action. There are bars and restaurants galore, but nothing special.

The rooms are nice and clean and the amenities are solid. Can't go wrong with the hotel and the staff friendliness. I'd stay again if I have business there. We stayed on a Wednesday, so the hotel and area was pretty dead. They say it picks up on weekends.

My only complaint is the hotel restaurant is pretty terrible. They claim to have a great chef, but so does Taco Bell. It's not that it's as bad as Taco Bell, but it seems very processed and not fresh cooking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First, this was a business trip, and I needed to stay in this hotel for the convention that was taking place here. The room was adequate but not up to the standards of your typical Marriott. The room staff had not provided many of the complimentary items. I called 3 different times to get bath towel, coffee cups, etc. Rather strange if you ask me. The cold water facet runs hot all day no matter if you let it run to see if it will get cooler. The ice machine is in a hot room, so the ice is melting before you add it to a bucket, and therefore melts rapidly afterward. The noise level between the bathroom and the room is paper thin, so if you are sharing, as I was, the person's conversation on their phone is as if they are in the room with you.
No selection of complimentary teas or other amenities. Only 2: English Breakfast, or Chamomile, and that was after I called to have coffee and tea in my room, after noticing that it was not provided, though it came with a coffee maker. This just felt so substandard comparably to other Marriott stays, especially for the price of these rooms.
Cons: No printing in the business center. No accessible computer to use for airline tickets. No water in lobby except at minimal times. No coffee whatsoever in lobby. 2 sandwiches from take out restaurant in lobby cost $35!!! Crazy prices!
Pros: Ate at the Baker's Street Pub around the corner from the hotel, which had a great chicken avocado sandwich for less than $10!! Band plays there on Thurs and Friday nights at 10pm. And had shopping Mall within walking distance. Unfortunately, these were not due to the hotel so were not factored in on the grade.

Room Tip: Go to Baker's Street Pub, 25 Waterway Ave. Just walk out the door and turn right, go one block...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is situated in a wonderful place which is Woodlands in Houston surrounding area but in my point of view it's too expensive considering the room facilities offering. My questionable items were: no refrigerator and nor safe box in the room which i consider fundamental in hotel rooms nowadays.

Room Tip: do not choose rooms located near to elevators areas, too noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business