First, this was a business trip, and I needed to stay in this hotel for the convention that was taking place here. The room was adequate but not up to the standards of your typical Marriott. The room staff had not provided many of the complimentary items. I called 3 different times to get bath towel, coffee cups, etc. Rather strange if you ask me. The cold water facet runs hot all day no matter if you let it run to see if it will get cooler. The ice machine is in a hot room, so the ice is melting before you add it to a bucket, and therefore melts rapidly afterward. The noise level between the bathroom and the room is paper thin, so if you are sharing, as I was, the person's conversation on their phone is as if they are in the room with you.
No selection of complimentary teas or other amenities. Only 2: English Breakfast, or Chamomile, and that was after I called to have coffee and tea in my room, after noticing that it was not provided, though it came with a coffee maker. This just felt so substandard comparably to other Marriott stays, especially for the price of these rooms.
Cons: No printing in the business center. No accessible computer to use for airline tickets. No water in lobby except at minimal times. No coffee whatsoever in lobby. 2 sandwiches from take out restaurant in lobby cost $35!!! Crazy prices!
Pros: Ate at the Baker's Street Pub around the corner from the hotel, which had a great chicken avocado sandwich for less than $10!! Band plays there on Thurs and Friday nights at 10pm. And had shopping Mall within walking distance. Unfortunately, these were not due to the hotel so were not factored in on the grade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy distinctive accommodations in a superior setting at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center. Set near shops, restaurants and the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, our hotel in The Woodlands, Texas offers an ideal location for business and leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel The Woodlands
- Marriott Woodlands Waterway
- Marriott The Woodlands
- The Woodlands Marriott