“Just OK”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 223 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Six Pines Drive
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am very disappointed with this restaurant. I have eaten at many Benihana's in different locations and this one is so average compared to others. The cooks are boring. The food and atmosphere is very average. I just moved to the area and was excited that there was a Benihana near me. Ate there twice within a week just to make sure that I will not eat there again. Too many other restaurants in the Woodlands to try.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We made reservations for Christmas Eve and had to wait for 45 minutes to be seated, when I politely asked the manager about the sense of making reservations she gave me back the complete opposite of what customer service is and pretty much made me feel she was doing us a favor serving us food.

Once seated, it was the standard Benihana experience you could get anywhere in the world, albeit in a run down locale which has not been my experience internationally. The food is OK and the chefs are as usual friendly, funny and hard workers, focused on keeping the crowd entertained. It works great in particular with kids.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Your standard chain food but hard to go wrong when they cook in front of you. Service was good at this location

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm not certain how long the air conditioning system was absolutely out in this establishment but assume it is repaired now. During the absolutely sweltering days of August, no air at all. Can you imagine how it was in the kitchen, much less at the hibachi tables? Management would only offer a soft drink. No notice was given to customers when making reservations nor any signage that the system was down. Speaking to someone there, I was told that upper management only wanted to repair the system but the restaurant was going to require new equipment. As it was the corporate office making these decisions, not only did it take an inordinate amount of time to repair and replace, but it seemed corporate wanted the least expensive solution. The worst part was not notifying customers with signage and absolutely no real offer to alleviate the discomfort, which was a serious situation--very, very hot.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We didn't eat in the main dining area but had a quick meal of sushi. It was very good - nothing out of the ordinary, but just right! I always enjoy the fruity, tropical drinks as well.