“Don't waste your time, there are better options in the area.”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 222 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Six Pines Drive
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Benihana's once was a place my family frequented for all special occasions. After our last 4 visits over the past year, I do not plan to return. The service is extremely poor. The food is well below average for a $20+ per plate price. All 4 times we reserved a table and all 4 times we were seated 20 – 40 minutes after our reserved time. This restaurant is poorly managed and food quality is mediocre. There are far too many other options in the area to waste your time or money here.

3  Thank Lou L
There are newer reviews for Benihana

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had about 8 in our party and sat in the bar for happy hour. The prices were great and the options plenty. The coconut mojito was a hit, as well as the dragon and california roll. There were some sashimi options as well. The service was slow but the food and drinks were good. I shared a blue drink that came in a fish bowl. It is a must share. Delicious!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were promised a 20 minute wait when we arrived, but waited 45 minutes to be seated. After being seated we waited 50 minutes for the chef to start cooking. The whole restaurant was so poorly run. I heard many guests complaining that they had reservations but had not been seated. Our waiter was running around constantly but service was poor – again suggesting that the management at this restaurant is lacking. I finally had to walk to the bar myself for drinks and refills.

Overall the food was mediocre and overpriced. The “show” is standard fare for a hibachi grill. Our chef had a great sense of humor that was the only highlight of the night (aside from my terrific family who can be fun even in a crummy restaurant!). It is very loud.

If you want hibachi in the Woodlands, go to Kobe on Sawdust or Shoguns on 242 at 1488. If you want sushi, go to Chi on I-45 or Uni Sushi in Market Square. Avoid Benihana’s.

2  Thank FayeJ42
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've go to this restaurant every 5 years or so. It clean, relatively nice and pleasant, but everything pretty much all taste the same. It makes for a nice outing and everyone seems to have a good time, but it is expensive and as noted, the food is just mediocre.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were there to celebrate a couple of special occasions. They were able to accomodate special dietary needs and the food was good.

Been to Benihana? Share your experiences!