“great location, adequate food”
Review of Mi Cocina - CLOSED

Mi Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We were going to a show at the Pavilion so the location of the restaurant was perfect. The service was pretty quick and efficient and the server was a funny girl. The presentation of the food was pretty but I didn't feel that the quality was really "upscale". Don't get me wrong, it all tasted really good but it felt like we were paying for location more so than the quality of the food. The signature drinks were pretty good but again, a little more pricey than seemed worth it.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Took the family here on a Saturday night. We ended up here because there was no wait, as opposed to the other restaurants within a couple hundred feet that had waiting times of 45 minutes plus. That was a sign of things to come. I have eaten here a few times and never been that impressed. On this occasion my wife and I both felt all of the food was under seasoned. I had the chicken with mushrooms, which was basically chicken fajitas with mushrooms. The chicken just did not have much flavor to it. In addition to that the flour tortillas were decidedly below average. I would be shocked if they were made in house. I had a better tortilla at Jack in the Box earlier in the day and have better in many of the grocery stores nearby not to mention tortillas made by other restaurants in the area. My wife felt her soup lacked seasoning. Lastly some of the chips were uneatable due to being really hard. I would say we didn't eat about 5% of the chips, which may not sound like a lot, but who wants to bite into even one chips that is that bad that you can't eat it? The service was good. The place was clean. The margaritas were okay and competitively priced, or at least not overpriced, but no bargain. The decor is kind of upscale. Located in The Woodlands Mall it really should be doing better business considering the places next to it have such long waits. There was a least 4 to 5 empty tables at 7:30 on Saturday. This place is okay, but I have no real desire to go back. There are much better options within five minutes of this place in my personal opinion.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Three of us dined here this week and had a super experience. We were joined by our 8 year old grand daughter. We started with blanco quesso with brisket and chips......it was wonderful. Then for our mains we ordered.....from the kids menu the soft taco plate and then for the adults we had an order of sunrise fajitas and chicken fajitas. The service was super and the food was outstanding. We will definitely go back....the drawback is that the restaurant is located in a tough location by The Woodlands Mall.

1  Thank drlehman
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We as a family decided to eat lunch at Mi Cocina before we went to the Woodlands Mall. Place was not busy - only 3 other tables .occupied. We ordered drinks- which took forever. Our food order - 4 orders. ( 2 adults 2 children). When food arrived - all orders were wrong. Since we were so hungry --- and our server rarely was seen, we decided to eat so we could leave. The server did return - took the children's drinks for refills --- never got them back. For the price of $63.11 --- I called the next day to speak with Manager. She explained server was new and would send a $20 gift certificate for our bad experience, and to come back soon. Guess what - never received certificate. I would not recommend this place for lunch or dinner. Will not return !

1  Thank Bobbye W
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love the food and drinks at Mi Cocina!! The chips and salsa are fabulous. The Mambo Taxi margarita is one of the best margaritas I have ever had! I have to be careful, because they are so good. A favorite there is the brisket tacos. My favorite is the simple ground beef soft tacos with a Serrano Limon sauce. They also have a great happy hour with plenty of food options.