“Great casual spot”

Yucatan Taco Stand
Ranked #79 of 216 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Experience the bold tastes and flavors usually found only in the Yucatan region of Mexico, Central and South America. Yucatan Taco Stand proudly features the freshest Latin fusion cuisine in a fast casual setting.We are famous for our award-winning Tacos, signature Nachos and world class Margaritas, as well our bold Latin-inspired dishes. Our made-from-scratch menu also includes such great culinary offerings as our hand made Banana Leaf Wrapped Tenderloin Tamales, Latin Caterpillar Roll, Paella De Venezuela, Vegetarian Mix-Mex Grill, Roasted Tequila Lime Chicken, Brazilian Shrimp Diablo, and much more. Our great location features both indoor and outdoor dining options where patrons can experience fast-casual elegance surrounded by lively music, a sleek décor, warm colors, beautiful lighting and palm trees.For the tequila lovers, Yucatan Taco Stand offers more than seventy five different premium 100% agave tequilas and award-winning made from scratch Margaritas. Our full bar also proudly serves a variety of premium artisan cocktails, imported Mexican & Latin beers and a fine wine list. We welcome you to come savor the Yucatan Taco Stand & Tequila Bar difference of fast casual elegance and award winning fare.
“Great casual spot”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As some don't understand (DLemon), this is a QSR style concept where you order at counter however receive well above average quality of food for a reasonable price. We have dined here since they opened and the concept is not difficult to understand. Want to order food? Order a the front register, order your initial drink (and I mean initial), get your number, and find a table. The expediters seem to always have a smile and are always accommodating to any requests and definitely understand English (DLemon). I have visited at all day parts excluding breakfast and unlike some late night establishments in the area they are always there to take late night orders as it seems some of the late night bars/restaurants shut down kitchen service at different times quite often.

Overall, great place to hang out and eat great fish tacos...best I have tried since Cabo Tex-Mex downtown on Travis which closed and has reopened under different ownership. Great atmosphere and awesome bartenders.

• Visited May 2013

“Disappointing.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been here twice, once for just dessert and today for lunch. I was rather let down and I was so wanting to like it. The time I went for dessert I ordered the tequila lime sorbet with fresh berries. They were out of berries (wasn't told this until after I'd ordered and went to pick it up at the bar--that is where the tequila is poured over the sorbet) It was good, but really just a margarita you ate with a spoon. Would not have ordered it if they had told me they were out of fresh berries. My friend's tres leches cake was very good, however.
Today I was taken by friends for my birthday. We ordered the nachos to share along with our entrees. The nacho plate was a huge serving, but really just a tasteless mess. There was a very large serving of guacamole on top, which turned out to be spoiled. We told a waitress about it and she nodded and said, yes, they leave it out too long sometimes. Why doesn't the kitchen do a quality check everyday!? The waitress offered to either make us a whole new nacho plate (but was the guacamole the same?) or scrape the guac off for us. We said no, we'd keep it and just eat around the guacamole--just wanted them to know not to serve that same guac. We had ordered the tequila chicken for the nach meat and it was just shredded chicken breast with very little flavor at all. Shredded iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes and diced jalapenos, none of which had much flavor. White queso sauce that was good but far too bland to go on already bland food.
I had a garlic shredded beef taco and a tempura fish taco--OK but not outstanding. The beef was more chopped up little crunchy bits rather than shredded. Chipotle does tacos much better. My friends ordered the sandwiches which they liked. They were served with plantain chips (good) and a garlicy mayonaise dipping sauce (outstanding).
It has a really good location on the Waterway and I guess I will try it again as I have a gift certificate. Maybe some of the other menu items are better than what I had today.

• Visited May 2013
Carrollton, Texas
“Service? What Service?”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Go to the cashier to order. OK. No big deal. But if you want something to drink - including water - go to the bar. The cashier did not communicate this to us. So, I called them on the phone to ask how it works. Get it yourself. And don't expect the person delivering your food to understand English or to smile at you. We had the nachos. It is a HUGE mound of chips with a single layer of goodies on top. The goodies are excellent but there are not enough goodies for the chips. The top shelf margarita was good but not good enough to fix the other problems. There are so many places to eat in the Waterway area. Do yourself a favor and pick one that provides at least basic services.

Visited May 2013
“Awesome nachos”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go to YTS for lunch after observing the food I saw delivered to a table when I was there for drinks. Ordered the beef nachos and was really amazed by the food that was brought out. Apart from being one of the biggest dishes I have ever been served, it looked great and was really tasty. Unlike a lot of nacho dishes, there was lots of all the core ingredients spread right through the dish. In particular there was NO skimping on the guacamole and sour cream. Good job guys. Only suggestion would be to hire a gorilla to carry people their car after eating the nachos!

Visited April 2013
“Nice casual food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

At this place you order at the register. I asked the clerk what she commended as her favorite, which was the pork taco. The meat was nicely marinated, juicy, and tender. I ordered a side of guacamole and chips, which also came with quest and salsa. With my entree, I received a small bowl of fried Plantain chips, so next time I'll skip the chips. I ordered their "skinny" margarita, which I enjoyed but didn't find quite as appealing as a regular margarita, but I would order again. Saturday afternoon, nice lunch and drink, sun on the patio. I'll be bsck