“Great salad bar, but the dressings??.......”

Hubbell & Hudson Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 222 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Whether you're looking for a quick cup of coffee with friends, lunch with colleagues, or a relaxing dinner with family, Hubbell & Hudson Kitchen will become one of your favorite destination in The Woodlands.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am a regular at H & H Kitchen, but have a couple of constructive criticisms that could help. It is confusing to walk in, wait in line to order food, then remember you want coffee or a grocery item and wait in line with the people ordering food or ordering a specialty coffee. Would be nice to have a grocery check-out available. Also, I love the salad bar, but WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SALAD DRESSINGS? There are few dressings that aren't SWEET. The Red Wine Vinegarette used to be great, with a pinkish color. Now it is creamy white with some different herbs.....not at all a red wine vinegarette. So I tried the Italian.....creamy and SWEET. So, I tried the roquefort......sweet! I assume the honey mustard and balsalmic are sweet, but haven't tried the ceasar. Why can't the chef make at least ONE dressing that isn't sweet??? Take your own dressing if this is a problem.

There are newer reviews for Hubbell & Hudson Kitchen

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I work in the building where this restaurant is located, and so I've eaten here on many occasion. It's a little pricey, especially for lunch, but it's really good. They have a small salad bar, burgers, flat breads and an assortment of many other foods. Their burgers are especially good! It gets crowded around lunch time and stays pretty busy thru mid-afternoon, but evenings are usually fairly quiet

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hubbell and Hudson kitchen has changed since its launch. No longer is it a 'satellite' Hubbell and Hudson offering all the same items just in smaller inventory... now it is a more focused kitchen and food/menu items have since improved a lot! You can still run in a pick up a few 'quick shopping' produce items as well. The atmosphere is nice, however tables inside are almost always full.....and have a lot of rude patrons that utilize larger tables for only 2 individuals just because they want to spread out. Food is great - kitchen staff are very accommodating!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The in-laws are in town and invited me to lunch today, my choice. H&H is a favorite breakfast spot of my wife's and I and we had not tried here for lunch. When we arrived there was a pretty good line but it was moving quick enough. We all ordered sandwiches and a beer. I tried the new Crab cake sandwich with skinny fries. We got our beers and found a table quick. The beers were cold and tasty. I like the counter service aspect of the restaurant, pariculary the fact you dont feel obligated to tip. Soon enough our pager went off. My inlaws enjoyed their Cuban and Rueben and my crabcake sandwich was very good. The only down side was a few annoying flies but that seems to be going on everywhere here in The Woodlands. Probably would go later or earlier for lunch, but overall a good visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a great place to come for very high quality burgers - I do the "build your own" and I selected the buffalo (bison) burger... It was juicy and very yummy with the toppings that I tailored without getting extra things that I don't like. They have really nice soups, a good salad bar, and other meal items for eat-in or take-home and heat/eat. The selection is unusual compared to most "quick-food" places. Not your standard fare. This is good, as the old "fast food" routine is not very healthy, and not very good, either.

The wine and beer selections are very reasonable and good. Some local brews from Southern Star up in Conroe, too...

The desserts and gelato always look absolutely yummy, although I rarely indulge...I am a fan of their chocolate and coconut gelato flavors.

We have had breakfast here, but we prefer the other meals over the breakfasts. This H&H establishment seems to be holding its own...