“Oh wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kim Son Cafe - CLOSED

Kim Son Cafe
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups
Description: "This is part of the chain of Kim Son restaurants in Houston, TX. This place just opened a few weeks ago".
Houston, Texas
“Oh wow!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

You know that old saying, "I love Chinese/Vietnamese/Thai food but I'm hungry an hour later!"? Well you won't be after eating at Kim Son. It has a great variety of cuisines and it's well worth going to The Woodlands just for the view. I had their Shrimp Spring rolls for an appetizer and split them with my daughter. The Lemongrass Shrimp as well as the Lemongrass Chicken are out of this world! Warning; they may be too spicy for those with tender tongues (which I consider myself to be) so you may want to try something else. There are a few special Vegetarian dishes that I love as well. And, please, if you like crab rangoon, ditch the diet and go for these!

• Visited May 2014

Houston, Texas
“Currently my favorite Chinese food resturant in the Woodlands”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Kim Son's is currently my favorite Chinese Food resturant in the Woodlands. The food is good, the service is great, and they have dedicated parking.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank dsmaddox
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good Pho, average service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Service took forever but was courteous, good pho, spring and egg rolls, average Phad Thai...overall just OK

Visited February 2014
The Woodlands, Texas
“Love The Choices”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We love the choices at this corner restaurant. Great pho, excellent sushi, love all the veggie choices. The service is fast and friendly. Not been to the bar at happy hour but have heard that it is great. There is parking close by or valet. Located near Tinseltown, Mitchell Pavilion and Market Street. It's a nice compliment to the varied dining in the area. Prices are in line with the area and the atmosphere is laid back and relaxed. Glad to see a restaurant at this location finally doing well as all the others came and went rather quickly.

• Visited January 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Tasty authentic Vietnamese food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have eaten more than my fair share of Vietnamese food throughout my travels and this place's food is really good. It is a stone's throw from the Tinseltown cinema theatre, which was very convenient for me. There is a very nice outdoor seating area in front of the restaurant. I walked in and was seated right away for lunch. There is a bar area when you first walk in the door and a restaurant area further in. I suggest not sitting at the bar for two reasons. The first reason is because you get hit with a blast of cold air every time someone comes in or leaves the restaurant. The second reason is because the bartender kept disappearing so I had very slow service. There did not appear t be any type of dress code and I saw plenty of children as well. There are two flat screen televisions on the walls of the bar area and the NFL playoffs were on. The bar had a decent selection of beers ad liquors for those interested. I ordered the Crab Rangoon as an appetizer and it was very delicious. It was packed full of crab and cream cheese and was lightly breaded. I had a bowl of Pho Tai and iced coffee for my meal. The Pho Tai was excellent and so was the iced coffee. If you have never had Vietnamese iced coffee, then you need to add it to your beverage bucket list. My bill was around $22.00 without a tip. So the food was awesome and the service was a little slow. This was an overall pleasant experience and I will return. Cheers!!

• Visited January 2014