“Friendly staff and nice location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Katy, Texas
“Friendly staff and nice location”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Location of the hotel is pretty good, there is a Walmart next door and hospital on the opposite side of the road. Indoor pool and exercise room are well kept. Beds and lines smelled fresh and room was decent. Free breakfast is really nice. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Coffee at the reception desk is kept fresh almost all the time.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here a few days ago. Thought hotel was clean and employees friendly. Only complaint I had was the noise. There is a stairway going to the second floor in the lobby. Our room was right beside it and we could hear people going up the stairs during the night. Could also hear people in the room above walking during the night. We did not hear traffic from the street. Other than the noise I would say it was ok.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located off I45 South, in a shopping mall. The parking lot, the lobby, the hallways, and the room are clean. The front desk fellow is curt and yet respectful towards customers. The interior pool looks like it is well maintained. The room ac is good, there is no fridge or microwave, there is a coffee maker and the beds are comfortable to sleep in. But there is just something about being in the room that invokes oldness imagery. Anyone who has stayed in a few different hotels will immediately pick up the bland mostly barren white walls, the simplistic furniture layout and just the lack of 'home' feel. Yes, it needs to come into the 21st century with regards to room deco, but for all its lack of character, it was neat and acceptable to spend the night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ball, Louisiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were in Houston on a family trip and the hotel couldn't have been better. The location was great and it was easy to get in and out of. The proximity to the things we were doing was perfect. The room was good and all of the amenities seemed just right!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Longview, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have stayed at this location before, so, that is why we stayed again. The location is perfect. When we checked in, Mike at front desk, was very good. When entering our room, on the second floor, it was ok. Not the Marriott standard.....smelled musty, room was very warm, carpet needed cleaning or better yet, replaced, the skirt around the bed had multiple rips. The bath tub/shower was very slippery..someone could fall. Finally the room cooled off in the middle of the night. Breakfast area, very clean and good. The staff was wonderful. Saw Mike again that evening, again, wanted to know if he could do anything for us...this hotel needs to be brought up to Marriott standards and be updated. This hotel has alot of things going for them, so in order to keep up with "the Jones" please update....this location.....will keep a check out for this hotel, so hopefully next time things will be updated. Keep your great employees!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and it suited our needs well. The staff where very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was well stocked and while basic was all you need. The gym worked well and parking was easy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tyler
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I called late this past Saturday to reserve a room for the same night for my wife and me. Lana answered for the hotel and said she was new. That automatically put me into "Be Cool To The Rookie" mode. I cracked a joke about her being a rookie to calm her down and she laughed. She took the reservation, and wrote down that we wouldn't be there until late that night because we was in town for a party. I told Lana she "Done good" for being new and she thanked me for being patient with her. That was a first. No newbie had ever thanked me for being nice to them.

After the party, we approached the desk hoping all would go well for us. Michael, the desk clerk, welcomed us and asked how I was doing. I told him I was very tired and gave him my name. My reservation was printed out in front of him, he picked it up and asked if I wanted a room on the first, second, or third floor, Wanting the closest distance between two points, I chose the first floor. Michael handed me the room swipe card and said we were in room 103 and that it was in a very quiet part of the hotel--which it was--and I assured him I would be quiet as well. He laughed and told us about the free breakfast in the morning. I thanked him and went to the room.

The room was spacious and very clean! The bathroom was also roomy and clean. When I got into bed, it was so comfortable I went to sleep almost immediately.

I woke up earlier than I really wanted to because Michael made breakfast sound better than it probably could be. He said is was more than a continental breakfast but not quite a full breakfast. Well, there were waffles, cereal, muffins, juices, milk, Hot Pocket breakfast sandwiches, and great coffee! He was right. Not too fancy but there was just enough to get me off to a good start.

There's always something one can nitpick about at any given place but at this Fairfield Inn, everything was a total joy. As we was leaving I told the desk clerk how much I enjoyed it and complimented Michael for having taken care of me the night before. She told me he was new employee!

The Fairfield Inn at The Woodlands knows how to hire good folks. I sincerely hope they know how to keep them, too.

Room Tip: Great location right by I-45. Easy off, easy on.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple