“Brunch gone bad”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodlands Parkway
Transit: The Waterway Shuttle Trolley and Waterway Taxi boats both stop at or near our restaurant.
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Was our favorite bruch place. Now an awful buffet, untrained confused staff and over priced. To top it off the single omelet guy was so backed up, he told us to sit down, then came 20 minutes later with 3 omelets unlike anything we ordered.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We only at there once but that was enough to tell me that this place was not worth a second chance.
My husband ordered the spagetti with clams in white wine sauce (a very small portion) with practically no taste and I ordered the pizza formaggi and it was nothing special either. Very ordinary food for the price. Also, for an Italian restaurant, I couldn't believe the bread they served! It was like the cheapest grocery store bread they could find! We won't even be giving this place a second chance as there are so many other good restaurants just steps away.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

8 of us met at Luca and Leonardo for my sister's birthday 6/19/12. The entire experience could not have been better. We were there for 3 hours. The service was impeccable. The managers were so accommodating to any and all requests we made. This was already one of my favorite restaurants and now it's solidified! I always start with the octopus appetizer - it's different and refreshing but not strange. I love the black ink pasta, but decided to try something new - the mushroom risotto! Heavenly. I would recommend it as a "side" for the table - it's large but so rich you can't just eat it as an entree.

1  Thank neelyherridge
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Visiting friends in The Woodlands, we checked out the relatively new Luca and Leonardo. It has nice decor and a good location and the option of dining outdoors if the heat and humidity of a southeast Texas summer don't deter you. We chose seats inside. The menu has a good number of options without being overwhelming, and the wine list has a reasonable selection of bottles and wines by the glass. The appetizers were nothing special. The octopus was thinly sliced but still chewy and overpowered by the vinaigrette. The shrimp came with the same sauce, with the same result. The entres, on the other hand, were excellent. My braised veal chop entre was very tender and well seasoned, served over tasty mashed potatoes and a rich, delicious sauce. The Bronzino with roasted corn risotto was also very good, as was the halibut. The tiramisu we ordered for dessert was good but pretty average. Overall, the service was good and the wait staff appropriately attentive without being in your face. I was especially impressed with the waitress who had shown us the restaurant earlier in the day. She wasn't serving us, but she made a point of coming by to say hi and ask us how we liked it. That's a great way to get repeat customers.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We loved this restaurant! The food and service was really good. In fact so good that we made a reservation for next Friday as we left the restaurant. The restaurant has very nice decor.....sits on the waterway.....and has a large patio. To start.....the wine list has about 20 different wines that you can purchase for $25 a bottle. We both had the ceasar salad to start.....a nice salad with a different twist.....not too much garlic or anchovies. Then we ordered Oso Bucco and the Pork Ribeye. Both were really outstanding. From the looks around us.......the pizza and pasta dishes looked wonderful. We cannot wait to go back!