Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Huge room, DirecTV, everything worked, everything was clean and easy. That's all I ask for. Only complaint would be that the road noise seemed louder than it should of been for how far off the road the hotel is. Nothing disruptive, but you can definitely hear the highway.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matthew R

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This suites hotel in The Woodlands is located close to shopping, restaurants, with easy access to I45. It had all that we needed except for the pool and hot tub were out of doors and the weather was to cool and then rainy to enjoy these amenities. Although it was near I45, we never heard the traffic noise inside the hotel. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the hot breakfast bar had a great deal of variety including fresh fruit, hot entree's of eggs, sausage, potatoes, and make your own waffle in the shape of the great state of Texas. There is a full kitchen in the room with all that you need to cook and serve your own meals. The bed was comfortable. The furnishings seemed a little worn and could use updating, but overall was comfortable room to stay in. Plenty of space. We would stay here again. The young man who checked us out was great, he could have been a stand-up comic. Made the rainy day sunny.

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet. If you want to be sure you won't hear the highway ask for a room in the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anniegettinggrey
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for many years. Sometime in November there was a management change. On both our stays since that time (late Nov & late Dec.) there have been problems. In November our room was NOT serviced at all despite the fact that the Privacy notice was off the door by 11 a.m. The front desk personnel DID provide us with extra towels/washcloths when we reported the issue upon our return to the room around 10 p.m. Our stay in December was the most problematic:
1) We had reserved a suite with 2 queen beds, actually specifying what suites we preferred if available. Our 1st room assignment was a suite with a king bed! Our request for a change was honored but the suite assigned was next to a conference room AND across from the elevator (our Hilton Honors preference has a permanent request that we do not want a suite near the elevator. Our 3rd room assignment was for one of the actual suite #'s we had initially requested... one would wonder why that was not assigned in the 1st place if it was available!
3) Immediately, we found that the toilet seat cover was very loose. Maintenance came and fixed it. Later we found that one of the light bulbs over the bathroom sink was out. We did not report this.
2) On our 2nd night (for the 3 night reservation) we returned to the room around 7 p.m. only to find that the room had not been serviced at all. (The privacy notice had been off the door by 11 a.m.) I called the front desk and learned that housekeeping had left the hotel around 4 or 4:30. Obviously, neither the housekeeper NOR the housekeeping supervisor had checked our room. The front desk attendant brought up towels & washclothes. We had been prepared for not having the room serviced the next day (Christmas day), but there was no notification of lack of service on Christmas day.

I expressed my discontent to the front desk attendant but she did not offer a room credit despite the fact that Homewood Suites has a 100% guarantee if one is dissatified. I was not actually looking for a free room, but it would have been nice to have it offered and it would have been much nicer to have had no problems with the room assignment or with the housekeeping servicing of the room.

It appears this hotel is having problems... it is certainly not run as efficiently as it once was. Whoever is doing room assignments is NOT reading the requests and/or simply not honoring them. Housekeeping seems to be lax and in need of more supervision.

What is also noticeable is that we usually receive a Survey from Hilton after a stay so that the actual stay can be rated. After 2 weeks now, no survey has been rec'd. One would have to wonder if the hotel itself activates this survey and the desk attendant or manager chose not to get our feedback about the stay.... low rating perhaps impact their rating overall with Hilton. Therefore I am resorting to writing a negative review on Trip Advisor.

I am hoping that improvements will be made. Otherwise we will have to change our stays to the new Springhill Suites by Marriott, a new hotel not far from the Homewood Suites - Woodlands. Our one experience there was wonderful and we enjoyed not only the comfort of the suite but the beautiful decor. And, it is somewhat more convenient to access than the Homewood Suites, as there is a back access road I hate to give up getting Hilton Honors points, but will do so, if Homewood Suites continues to have problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zell
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Though I have stayed in this hotel dozens of times over the past few years, this particular stay of 7 nights was exceptional. There had been a terrible storm the night before my arrival and the hotel had no electricity. The electric company anticipated at least another 8-10 hours before they could restore power to the hotel. Without hesitation the hotel staff located another Hilton property less than 3 miles away, changed my reservation to that hotel, and made the first night complementary. Though the new hotel was not an "All Suites" hotel, I did get the best room they could provide .... still at no fee.

The next day, when power was restored, I chose to move back to the Homewood Suites by Hilton - Houston - The Woodlands, Texas. The front desk clerk, named Christophe, greeted me by name and with a smile, every time I saw him. All hotels should have employees like this employee. I had a couple small maintenance problems during my stay, mostly because of the storm, and within 5 minutes of my call to the front desk, a maintenance person was at my door.

The free hot breakfast and evening full meal was a nice touch, and remarkably tasty. I never expect much from "free" food served buffet style, but the menu placed in the room which showed what each Monday - Thursday evening meal would be, looked good and was tasty.

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at many hotels. Though this hotel may not be the most elegant one (though my room did have a fireplace and a large jacuzzi bath tub), the service and quality of the staff will ensure that I always stay at this hotel when I am in THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS area. The employee named "Christopher" should be chosen to train front desk clerks in all Hilton properties because after traveling, being greeting with a smile and having your problems (which will from time to time come up) taken care of promptly is priceless.

This hotel isn't perfect, but based on my visit, it is a GREAT place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs are not that much more money and are definitely worth the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank YIISD
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We booked this hotel because it had most of the amenities that we normally have at home. Eli, at the front desk, was especially helpful at check-in. Our room was spacious and clean and included, a living area, bedroom, a large bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen, including a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and utensils. There were also two large flat screen TVs in our suite. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool (yes, believe it or not - it was warm enough in Houston in December to go swimming). The breakfast in the morning was very good, with scrambled eggs and sausages, hash browns, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit salad, etc. The location on the feeder road is not that great. If you are driving, it can be somewhat hard to leave the hotel during high traffic times. Once on the feeder road, however, there is easy access to the major highway (I45N). The good news is that there is a free shuttle to the nearby Woodlands Mall. We will stay at this hotel again, it is an excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Right_Path
Reviewed December 20, 2012

As we approached the property I commented to my wife "this isn't a good sign" as I nodded towards the hotel sign and marquee . . . they were hiring housekeeping. We joked about it, parked, and checked in. We proceed to our jacuzzi king suite, open the door, and notice the bed has been stripped and linens are piled up in the middle. Obviously this room was not touched by housekeeping. We laugh, my wife stays in the room, and I go back to the front desk. They apologize and promptly change my rooms to one that it just a few doors down from the first. I assume it was the manager or supervisor on duty who offered me something from the snack/drink station (can't remember the actual name for this area). I take a couple of drinks and head to the new room. We're in the room for about 15 minutes when the door is suddenly opened. The latch worked as intended and I went to see what was going on. The couple outside the room was as surprised as I was and after a brief exchange they went back to the front desk. A minute or two later a pleasant phone call from the front, an apology, and a joke or two between the wife and me. The room keys quit working shortly after, but a humorous conversation with the same young male front desk employee and we were off to dinner. Breakfast was good the next morning, easy checkout, and we were on our way out of town. The jacuzzi was great after a day of laying wreaths at the Houston National Cemetery and I would suggest this type of room if you have the available funds. 10/10 for the front desk employee / manager, sorry I didn't get his name. Even though we brought a positive attitude to every situation, he definitely responded in a manner that deserves to be applauded. We would stay here again not only for its close proximity to The Woodlands Mall but also because of the staffs responsiveness.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family and I stayed at the hotel for 2nights. We had a nice stay. The had very good wine and my kids enjoyed their indoor pool. They also enjoyed their cookies. The staff was nice too.

I was a little concerned about the hotel's location. It's opposite the mall and easily accessible to the public.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family