“Fabulous hotel for our wedding guests” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hotel for our wedding guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked this hotel for our daughters wedding party and guests. The hotel staff were truly wonderful in accommodating all our guests with help with some of our elderly guests. The rooms were large and comfortable. There was plenty of room for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready the morning of the wedding together. The groomsmen were very happy as well. The rooms provided the space and all the amenities we needed for our extended stay. We especially were happy with the breakfast and dinner during the week. I would definitely recommend this hotel for either a relaxing time or a more special event such as we had. The hotel was especially helpful with giving recommendations for transportation for our guests to and from the hotel and the venue for the wedding. Thanks to Alex, Jose, and Brianna for taking such good care of us!

Room Tip: We had king suites and also the queen suites for our party. All rooms were great and roomy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was really a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen. The room was nice and there were two work areas and good wireless connections. The bathroom is not fancy, but it was fine. The bedroom was huge and the open plan kitchen, breakfast bar and living room were a nice size. Two TV’s with lots of channels. The breakfast has both hot food and the standard cold selections in a nice lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked this through hotels.com and had a suite. The suites are located on the corners away from other rooms. It included 2 queen beds and in the bedroom, and a pull out couch in the living room. There was a full refrigerator, microwave, sink and stove. Dishes were also provided. There was a 37" Flat panel TV in the living room and similar, maybe bigger in the bedroom. A pizza place nearby delivers to the room.

Breakfast was choice of scrambled eggs, cereal, fruit, waffles, pastries and sausage. My kids actually ate it, and it was a good breakfast. Staff was very friendly, parking is convenient. They said they had a shuttle to take me anywhere, but we didn't utilize it. Address is listed as the interstate, but it's actually off a frontage road, far enough you can't hear the highway all night.

Room Tip: Suites are in the corner, and away from the main hallway. No traffic, and large sized.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

A fabulous hotel with superb, professional customer service. Complimentary breakfast and dinner are first class. Rooms are extra large suites, and nicely furnished. Government rate rooms are available. The place to stay when in Houston!

• Stayed October 2012
Stow, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed from Wednesday - Friday. On Tuesday I had a HORRIBLE experience with my flights and Wednesday morning I arrived at the Homewood Suites. Instantly, I felt more relaxed and my stress was much better. The Front Desk greeted me very well, had my room ready, and answered all my questions with a smile. Eli and Chris are very helpful and I could tell they get to know the guests. Our room was very very nice and clean. Made me feel like home! I would recommend you stay here if you are looking for a place to stay. Great staff.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is great because you don't have to deal with anyone above you making noise!
Kannapolis, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The first thing that I noticed is that the Homewood Suites sign was very awkwardly placed and I almost drove right by the hotel when arriving and every day when returning back to the hotel. I blame it on the flow of the traffic outside the hotel but mostly on the signage being very small and the hotel siting back off the road (so it could be easily missed).

Check-in was very quick and the young lady at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. The room was fine and met it's need. Since I was there for business I really just needed a nice place to sleep with internet access to meet my needs while I was away from the office. I must say that there was a bug spray smell in the elevator area and a moist mildew smell every time I entered the hotel room (room 308).

Having stayed at other Homewood Suites, I looked forward to breakfast & the evening "reception" food. To be candid the food was a huge let down. The breakfast was awful....it's one of the easiest meals so there no excuse for the hot items being inedible and one having to rely on the pre-packaged items. The evening receptions I'm sure had good intentions but when you have wing night and the wings are the TGI Fridays wings from the frozen food section of the grocery store and cold then it's a failure. I also have never been to a Hilton brand hotel and had Great Value salad dressing as choices for my salad...I'm not anti-Wal-Mart but I need name brand salad dressings. Can you tell I'm a foodie? Thank goodness there were plenty of restaurants in the area.

Overall, I will be coming back to the area for business in the future but I probably will stay at a different hotel and only rotate back to them if the other hotels aren't better.

Conifer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The rooms are nicer, the two bedroom suites are bigger, but the black beetles bothered us. After several days, small, black beetles started showing up. Finally after they kept increasing in number (five visible in my room after work), I called the front desk just before bed. They offered to come spray the room. No thanks, not when I'm going to sleep there. The bugs continued to increase in number until we finally left.