“Great place for business or personal stay...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have stayed and hosted several meetings at The Homewood Suites in The Woodlands. Each time I have stayed at this hotel I have found the property to be very clean and inviting. The staff from the General Manager to the front desk personnel have always been very friendly and helpful. The conference rooms can accomidate from small to large size gatherings. The rooms are very nice and the bed is super comfortable. I have recommended this location to numerous people and have not had one negative response. The food is also very good especially the breakfast as it is always fresh and your are given a nice variety. I have also stayed here on weekends with my wife and have found the same consistant and friendly service as during the week. I will contiune to stay here and also continue to recommend to others.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Check in was fast and efficient if a little sterile, however the welcome was polite.

My room, 319, was a little tired and in need of some attention - for example in the bathroom the sealer around the bath and shower curtain was grubby and the curtain pole had been replaced around the bath and the original holes have been filled badly - just aesthetic but needs attention.

One of the dining chairs was broken, the back was very lose and the overall impression that I got of the room was not welcoming and it seems to be gloomy and tatty.

One of the big issues with this hotel that I had was the actual location. It is situated on the south bound feeder road next to the I-45 right on the edge of the Woodlands. It's fine getting to the Woodlands from the hotel but to get back it is quite a drive, you have to go around 1.5 miles north of the hotel on the I-45 and turn back on yourself on the feeder. As you approach the hotel the sign is obscured by trees and you find yourself stuck and missing the turn into the drive way if you are not in the far right lane. Not being familiar with the hotel or area this happened to me several times.

Note as well, the local Police are very virulent in this area I was stopped on 4 occasions during my 5 night stay - not for any violations but routine checks as I was told by each officer. This can be very inconvenient if you are not a US resident as they do not seem to understand oversea's driver licences! Thats nothing to do with the hotel but it is an inconvenience.

Car Parking is also a premium, especially during the day as the hotel holds / hosts conferences etc. which during my stay were well attended and I struggled on several occasions to park.

All in all not a bad hotel but not a great location

Room Tip: Try and avoid room 319, it is an accessible room but right next to the elevator shaft, the noise is...
Reviewed February 7, 2012

As a meeting planner for a large company, my clients are most interested in value and service. This hotel has it all! From the General Manager and Sales Staff, to the individuals who provide service to the guests, they all exhibit a professional and caring attitude at all times - even when they are in the weeds! Whether we have a meeting going on, or guest rooms,they cover all the bases, all the time!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was in charge of making arrangements for overnight lodging and a meeting space for our Board and Council. The sales staff and hotel staff couldn't have been more accommodating to our needs and requirements. The business center was one of the best I have experienced in this size hotel. The property and rooms are clean, well-maintained and has a beautiful space both indoors and outdoors for guests to gather and "hang out" and enjoy the evening reception and breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
chastity07, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in The Woodlands. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again! Please think of us when coming back to The Woodlands for your next event.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

We are staying here for at least 2 months while our house is being built in Spring. The management and staff are so accommodating to our every need! Since we brought a lot of clothes, computers, printers, etc., we asked if they would remove one of the queen beds for more room...without hestitation, they said "sure"...and it was done before we checked in. They actually reserved our room by an exit door which was ready when we moved in. Good people, good food and friendly atmosphere...WE RECOMMEND IT!

Room Tip: Rooms by parking lot provides easy access
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I had made reservations at this hotel for the renaissance festival, and to make a long story short, I live in austin and the hotel is in houston, with the renfest right in between. to pick up my bus passes would have required an extra round trip of 1 1/2 hours. i called the hotel to see if they could maybe mail the passes, and the front desk employee told me that she would have Alex Cerda, the general manager, call me the next day. I really didn't expect to hear from anyone at all, because let's face it, when it's a large national chain, it's seldom that anyone cares enough to go out of their way. However, not only he did call, but he was extremely gracious and helpful. My request must have been a hassle, and I'm sure it took more time than he really wanted to spend on me, but he was nothing but friendly. When we got to the hotel last night, Alex wasn't on duty, but the staff was all extremely helpful and organized, even in the face of a very busy evening. the weather wasn't good enough for swimming, but the pool area was very nice, as was the dining area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area or going to the renaissance festival. and the renfest package is totally worth it!

Room Tip: the renaissance festival package gives you a bigger suite with a jacuzzi tub :)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank terridvm
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Nice place to stay for a longer time. All comfort and great service !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business