“Comfortable hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have been staying at this property regularly for 7 or 8 years now. We always stay there when attending the Texas Renaissance Festival nearby. The rooms are spacious and have everything that we need, including a full kitchen. We often book a room with a fireplace, which is delightful to come "home" to after a full day of being outside in November. The staff members are consistently friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands

Reviewed September 22, 2011

The Homewood Suites is a great venue for our church's marriage retreat. The meeting rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The service and staff are both excellent. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and beautiful. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have never written a review of a hotel. This was so bad I don't know where to begin. First, when we arrived I noticed the coffee pot in our room was not working. I had to call 3 times over a ten hour period to get a new one. Then when they finally brought one at 10pm they said "they forgot"! The plugs in our room randomly worked next to our beds. The thermostat could be set low on 65 but it never felt cool in our room or in the living room area. The 3rd day I called down to the front desk and notified them that we had the privacy sign on our door during the night but we were removing it as we were leaving our room for the day. I told her that we needed clean sheets and we needed someone with a fly swater to remove the fly we had dealt with for two days. When we returned that evening our room had not been cleaned. The girl on duty said she was sorry and would comp our room and we would see that reflected on our bill. When we saw the bill on the 4th day it had not been adjusted. I called the front desk and she proceeded to tell me that they had no authority to make such a promise and it was my fault for leaving the privacy sign on my door. Even after I told her I had called the front desk telling them I removed it she argued that I was mistaken!! I asked her to call her supervisor and she said he was off for the day and I could talk to him on Monday. I told her I lived overseas and needed to leave and I wanted to talk to SOMEONE in the Homewood Suites organization. She said she would make some calls but she made me wait on hour. Then when she phoned me back she was very cold and did not apologize for all the inconvenience. I did get the room rate adjusted but never got an opportunity to speak to her supervisor. It was an awful experience. I have never been disappointed in Homewood Suites. I travel regularly and hope that whoever reads this moves on down the road!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Dark, dreary rooms need an update badly. They even smell stale. When we were there, they were in the process of updating the lobby area so hopefully the rooms are next.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank txmom23boys
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I recently posted a review for the hilton garden inn accidentally thinking I was posting one for the homewood suites. My apologies garden inn, your facility is lovely. This hotel however (homewood suites) is dreadful. Rudest and least accommodating staff I have ever encountered. I used to work in the hospitality industry and was appalled at the discourteous staff. Especially the front office manager. There is toxic mold in this hotel. Do not stay here. You will get sick. Stay at the Garden Inn or any other hotel. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Lynus525
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Staff was cheerful and helpful. The facility is clean and neat. I felt the location was easily accesible to everything in the area. I felt safe in and around the hotel. My kids loved it. The meals served were resturant quality. I would sugguest this site to business travelers and families alike.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My daughter is having her wedding the weekend of July 4, 2011. I looked at several hotels in the woodlands area for accomodations. The one that stood out to me was Homewood Suites by Hilton in the Woodlands. They were the only one that impressed me, and for several reasons. The first was the professional manner in which I was received by the Director of Sales Lynda Graham. Most gracious and most knowledgeable about the property. She was willing to work with me on the nightly rate for our guests and gave me a tour of the property. The property itself is also a selling point. Not super impressive when you first observe the outside, but when you walk through the front door you instantly forget the modest outward appearance. Hilton has obviously spared no expense at renovating the lobby, eating area, as well as the rooms themselves. Really really nice.

The other plus for me is Chastity Hale, Sales and Catering Coordinator. Most professional and (Like Lynda) most knowledgeable. Always ready to assist.

Short story - My parents, who are in their late 70's, had forgotten to book by June 1st - which was our contract deadline for a reduced rate. i contacted Lynda and Chasity and explained the situation, and they were both so quick and gracious to extend the same price even though it was past the contract deadline.

My kind of folks to do business with, not to mention a super nice place to stay (and I haven't even stayed there yet). Might be a follow up review. Cannot check all the below boxes yet because we have not had our wedding and stayed at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family