“Pizza to die for in Texas!”

Grimaldi's Pizzeria
Ranked #11 of 226 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We flew down to Houston and drove north, towards Dallas. We debated about dinner: BBQ? Seafood? Italian? and then decided on Grimaldi's. It was one of the wisest decisions we ever made. The atmosphere of Grimaldi's at The Woodlands is beautiful, with the restaurant sitting by The Woodlands' waterway. Our server, Allan Junior, who is also majoring in health and nutrition at The University of Houston, was one of the most knowledgable, engaging, and hospitable restaurant staff members we have ever encountered....and that includes on at least 3-4 continents. His recommendations for what we should order were totally 100%+ the best! We had pesto pizza, with peppers, and olives, and Italian sausage, and it was absolutely, positively, most definitively the best pizza we have ever eaten! (Sorry, Brooklyn! Sorry, Manhattan! Sorry, Chicago!) And the superb finale to our pizza was a piece of strawberry cheesecake, the kind that heaven must be made of!

1  Thank BrooklynSheldon

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went for lunch after the lunch rush. We still had a 30 min wait, but heard from other friends that the wait can be as long as 2 hrs. The pizza is hand stretched and baked a few at a time. After waiting another 45 minutes, our pizzas arrived. They were amazing. The salads are family style serving. The large pizza is enough for 4 kids or 3 adults. This was a pricey meal. It is worth the experience.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Being a NY native and an Italian with a pizza making family, I know what to look for in a good quality pizza. Grimaldi's is just that. The pizza is thin and has fresh mozzarella on top with a great quality sauce. It's hard to find a NY style pizza in Texas and other than going to Houston for pizza; this is super close to my house. I would recommend getting the caprese salad- it's a light and simple dish for an appetizer. The service is good and they serve you your first slice. I've been to this particular Grimaldi's several times and will surely keep returning.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

After hearing rave reviews (and being a NJ native who knows great pizza) I visited Grimaldi's. Perhaps it was the extremely disinterested waiter that began to disillusion me, but honestly, the pizza was just average and in my opinion, overpriced. The waiter tried to get us to order more than we needed and his unfriendly attitude when we did not heed his advice was evident. The manager who stopped by the table, however, was friendly.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I walk by this place all the time and we finally decided to try it. The menu is simply just pizza, but you get to choose the toppings. The pizza was tasted like I was eating a slice of salty bread. We could only eat half a slice. You're also charged for each topping even if they forget to put it on the pizza.... I mean it's a pizza place, that's all they sell and they can't even get that right. Our server wasn't very attentive and really didn't seem to care that we didn't like our pizza.