“More than we expected”

Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 220 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In Market Street next to the Hyatt Market Street Hotel
Description: Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen, an intimate, elegant French Quarter-style restaurant on Market Street, is truly family owned and operated. From seafood gumbo to crawfish etouffee, red beans & rice to bread pudding, Schilleci's is proud to offer a menu consisting of Louisiana classics. With weekly happy hours and an ever-expanding wine and beer selection, the French Quarter decor is perfect for a relaxing dining experience. Come in for a taste of New Orleans and "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!"
“More than we expected”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Dropped in for lunch, and were so impressed, we left with dinner resverations. I let my wife go the seafood route, i.e., gumbo, shrimp salad, etc., while I decided to go the cheeseburger and onion rings route. Without a doubt, it was the BEST and biggest burger I have ever had, and I have had a few! Her food was excellent as well, gumbo was dark and thick with no hint of any scorching which many gumbos will have due to overcooking. Her shrimp salad was full of interesting items, loaded with shrimp and she was totally pleased with the remoulade sauce. Our server was very personable, and was very knowledgable about the items on the menu. We have lived in The Woodlands for 25 years, and are very blessed with many, many great eating establishments, and Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen is right there amongst the best.

• Visited April 2013

“Good food but needs attention to detail”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit. Reservations were properly handled. Food taste was as good as I expected. I had some tasty salmon and my favorite red beans and rice. Well prepared and good presentation. To make this restaurant a great place, however, more attention to detail is needed. I asked for olive oil for my salad. The waiter hesitated and told me it would come. Well the oil was not olive oil. There was a little mix up with a couple of fish dishes and the server described them incorrectly. Altogether, I like their food and would return but those that are serious about service, this restaurant has room for improvement.

Visited April 2013
Houston, TX
“Great food and ambience!!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wow, went here for brunch with my sweetheart, the food and ambience is so good! Had their Mimosa and Sunday Brunch, Crab Cake Benedicts, big portion and it was so yummy!
Pretty good price for Sunday brunch, not too expensive. What made it even more wonderful is that the weather was so beautiful, we would of sit outside but it was too windy.

Southeast Texas
“Get your Nawlin's Fix here, Darlin'”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Last week a frozen friend arrived from Chicago. We had both lived in New Orleans in the 1980's.
This guy needed more than a quick thaw in the mild Texas winter. It was nearly Mardi Gras and I thought Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen would provide the pefect venue. I told him we were going to dinner on Market Street in The Woodlands, but upon entering Schilleci's N.O.K , the feeling was we had been transported from Market Street to Magazine Street in New Orleans. We tried crawfish and other appetizers, grilled shrimp po-boys (Dressed of course!) as well as the Catfish ....it was a great meal, with 5 Star service from an attentive professional waiter and his assistants. Indeed the experience was like a mini trip to New Orleans. Great decor, great food, outstanding service. Reasonable prices too!

Sandusky, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't let Summer wait on you!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Kitchen is excellent ! Do not miss the chicken and sausage gumbo! But if you get Sommer as your waitress good luck! As I have been in the business for more than 25 years, it is people like her that can take down a good business or keep it from being a great spot! I hope the owner see's this review! The last move was to put my check down before I ordered dessert! By the way I don't know her from Adam as I am in Houston to visit my first grand son!