“Love this place - best New Orleans style food in The Woodlands”

Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 219 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In Market Street next to the Hyatt Market Street Hotel
Description: Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen, an intimate, elegant French Quarter-style restaurant on Market Street, is truly family owned and operated. From seafood gumbo to crawfish etouffee, red beans & rice to bread pudding, Schilleci's is proud to offer a menu consisting of Louisiana classics. With weekly happy hours and an ever-expanding wine and beer selection, the French Quarter decor is perfect for a relaxing dining experience. Come in for a taste of New Orleans and "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!"
Houston, Texas
“Love this place - best New Orleans style food in The Woodlands”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The menu is very good, albeit limited in fresh fish options. Very tasty and the owner/management is usually on site and seems very willing to do whatever to please. They have also prepared some nice dishes gluten free for my wife - which is nice.

Visited September 2012

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome place”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

By far the best birthday meal , ever the owner is awesome and this food melts in your mouth! The steak and risotto where out of the world. The raviolis are awesome, good cajun food!

Visited August 2012
Houston, TX
“Simply Delicious!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen is delicious Cajun food in Market Street. Although it is a bit pricey, the food makes it well worth it and the service is excellent! Every employee is very nice and helpful. We will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2012
Texas
“Average to mediocre at best. Won't rush back”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

So my lady & I thought we would go somewhere different tonight with our best friends. Had heard good things and read decent reviews. Had a pleasant evening with our friends but the restaurant itself was a bit of a disappointment. Service was friendly but very slow for this kind of place. Had heard the owner was friendly and spent time at each table - maybe tonight was on off-night but he wasn't very friendly and didn't seem to spend any time with anyone. Food was okay - the crayfish bisque and the red beans and rice were actually quite good, which they should be at $7 for a small cup. Red beans not spicy enough and sausage a little bland but some hot sauce spiced it up. The mains were disappointing - my lady had the oyster po'boy while I had the beef - it was okay but nothing to write home about. Apparently the bread comes in from NOLA area which may explain why it was a little stale. The po'boys were not a scratch on the ones at the White City diner in Frankfort, Ky (see an earlier review). Our friends had a po'boy and a mixed deep fry platter of oysters and shrimp. Again, okay but nothing exceptional. Wine list was decent but very pricey compared to other places.

So, not a bad attempt at LA food in TX but not good enough for any of us to rush back any time soon, which is a shame. A little more attention to detail, some fresher bread, maybe some fish that's not deep fired and they could have something here. But for now - spend your money elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
Friendswood
“High prices,didn't get what I ordered and the food was OK.”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were there the night of the Jimmy Buffet concert also. They were slammed and we weren't in a terrible hurry but we weren't going to dawdle. I ordered a grilled shrimp po-boy with remolaude sauce, and sweet potato fries. We had three shrimp po-boys, one grilled and two fried, at our table and one catfish. When mine arrived the first thing I noticed was that it was regular fries, I did tell him that because they cost extra and I didn't want to pay for them, nor did we want to wait. As I picked up my sandwich I noticed that it was fried shrimp with mayo. Should I have said something? Yes. But by now we're in a bit of a hurry and so I just ate it. It was fair. For $13 I expected more. They were slammed and we were rushed but that's no excuse for totally getting an order wrong. And no, it was not someone else's sandwich.

• Visited June 2012