“makes you want to go to New Orleans”

Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 218 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In Market Street next to the Hyatt Market Street Hotel
Description: Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen, an intimate, elegant French Quarter-style restaurant on Market Street, is truly family owned and operated. From seafood gumbo to crawfish etouffee, red beans & rice to bread pudding, Schilleci's is proud to offer a menu consisting of Louisiana classics. With weekly happy hours and an ever-expanding wine and beer selection, the French Quarter decor is perfect for a relaxing dining experience. Come in for a taste of New Orleans and "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!"
the woodlands
“makes you want to go to New Orleans”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Have been for both dinner and lunch. Lunch was a half sandwich with cup of gumbo. More than enough food. Get the sloppy roast beef fully dressed. Great bread and tender roast beef. Service is very friendly and the owners are right there to welcome you home.

for dinner I had the shrimp creole and it was a good portion with good size shrimp.

definitly worth multiple trips to try out the menu.

• Visited November 2011

The Woodlands, Texas
“Authentic Cajun Grub”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Ordered the jambalaya which came with a thick cajun roux -- a bit overwhelming and heavy for my delicate digestive system. Good french bread cut the strength of the entree. Decent but not great salad to start the meal. I compare this place to my favorite Cajun hangout win Houston, Treebeards. Shilleci's does not compare with that restaurant for price, quantity, and heat on the back of the neck. Would not likely go here again based upon perceived lack of value.

• Visited August 2011
“Tasty cajun food + good service = a good meal!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

After reading the other favorable reviews of Schilleci's on tripadvisor, I gave this place a try for lunch today. The food was tasty and the service was very friendly and fast. Its a small restaurant, but everything looks new and spotless.

The only thing more that I could ask for is to expand their menu a little bit to include Muffalettas. I know this is a new restaurant, so I can only hope a bigger menu is in the works. I also think their pricing is a tad bit high, but not bad considering the high quality of their food.

I will definitely be back to this place for another tasty meal.

• Visited July 2011
The Woodlands, Texas
“We came, we ate, we enjoyed”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Several friends had told us the food was good so we gave it a try. Between the two of our meals, we had plenty to eat and the etouffee was absolutely delicious with just the right amount of seasoning. We split an order of sweet potato fries which we enjoyed. The service was good, although the place was sparse on customers so we expected it to be excellent. The price was in line for the location, which is close to the main street in Market Square so expect prices a bit higher than what you would find outside the Woodlands. If you are a fan of Creole cuisine, it’s worth a visit.

• Visited June 2011
Houston, Texas
“Closest To N'Awlins!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I moved to Houston from New Orleans over 24 years ago. I love it in Texas but I have longed for authentic N.O. cuisine. This place is the real deal!

Po-boys are spot on. They bring back great memories. Bread pudding one of the best I've ever eaten. Remoulade sauce is great!

The facilities could be larger and more private. Quite honestly, this is why I don't dine here more often. A bit uncomfortable. Mr. Schilleci, the father, is a very personable gentleman. But, he's a bit too intrusive. I just want to eat great food without interruption.

Best. N.O. food in Houston area!