“Really nice rooms....though a little different”

SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Enjoyed staying here. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice. Was a little surprised by the interesting layout. There's a clear wall that separates the living room and desk area from the beds. There is a sliding door to the toilet room. Then there's a a sliding door to the shower/bath room. Very modern and unique layout.....my husband thought it was strange...lol. You can hear everything going on in the hallways. I forgot my room number after going to the lobby....but I found it easily because I could hear my son laughing at the PBS show 'Daniel the Tiger' as I came close to our room. So beware....everything can be heard in your room.

1  Thank 137franc
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Hi 137franc,

We appreciate your comments about our hotel and hope you and your family get to visit us again soon! This is the best hotel for hearing laughter from our guests, whether eating breakfast with their families or enjoying the pools and public areas around the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us! I hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel was great, plenty of space. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice, workout area great! Enjoyed outside pool and free huge breakfast. We come here every year for swim team and love it!

Room Tip: nice place to stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hi Johnny H!

We enjoyed having you and the swim teams with us recently! Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and our "Fresh Woodlands Air"! I hope your family did well with the swim meet. Hope ya'll come back and see us for the next swim meet at Conroe ISD Natatorium.

Thank you for your continued business!

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Chose this hotel based on ratings. It is the top ranked hotel in this Houston suburb. Arriving, it is the run of the mill 3 star hotel. The front desk staff got us check in. The rooms are odd. The bathrooms are odd. I really don't know how else to describe them. Not all rooms have tubs so if you have a little one make sure to request it. These rooms are called suites, but are just a standard hotel room with a half wall divider separating the bed from the sofa. Certainly not the type of suite I have stayed in. The bathrooms are tiny. We got in late and the first thing I did was shower. When I got out, I stepped into a flooded bathroom. We had to run down for extra towels to clean the mess. Got in bed to try to rest. This is where the hotel looses stars. The beds are the most uncomfortable hotel beds I have ever stayed in. I was awakened every 15 minutes by the loudest air conditioner I have ever heard. I contemplated checking out in the middle of the night. I didn't sleep a wink. Every time it would kick on or off it would wake me. Miserable night to say the least.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Stacy C
JeanneinSales, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Hi Stacy C,

We appreciate you sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us as it gives us opportunities to continually grow to meet your needs. Currently, we are making adjustments to our showers and air conditioners. Please accept our apologies for this issue.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at your convenience.

Donna

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a one night stay during our anniversary celebration. The high rating on this one as well as the decent price helped us decide. We weren't disappointed. It is a little bit of a challenge to find coming from the south side, but once we figured it out it was easy. The room was very nice and very quiet (they put us on the non-highway side). There were a lot of kids staying there (some sort of homeschool conference), and we never heard them when we were in our room.

Personally, we liked the separate toilet area, and we found the sliding doors to be very quiet. Someone previously complained about the translucent bathroom doors, but we found them to be virtually opaque. The extra shower heads shooting horizontally from the wall were a bit weird and a little too high. They basically sprayed into my wife's eyes. However, you can always leave them off if you don't like them. There is a nice sitting area and large desk/work area in case you want to work.

The breakfast was surprisingly good, with eggs, link sausage, waffles, a variety of breads (including croissants), oatmeal with a remarkable set of mix-ins, cereal, and a variety of flavors and brands of yogurts. Lots of seating also.

The fitness room is fairly nice, with free weights, three treadmills, and a couple of other machines.

All in all, it was a good stay, and I'd return if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hi HoustonWill!

Congratulations! Thank you for staying with us for your anniversary! We appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us for such a special event! I hope you and your wife will come back again when you can stay longer or for your next special evening in The Woodlands! We do appreciate your kind words and wish you happiness together!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is new, three years old. The people at the desk are thoughtful and always wanting to be helpful. Breakfast was nice, everyone wanted to be helpful. The room was nice but they have two problems: insufficient towel bars in the bathroom (they want you to hang a towel if you don't want to have it changed, but there is no place to do so) AND the air conditioning blows on you when you are in bed, can't get away from it, very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Try to find a room with the air conditioning unit that does not blow directly on you in bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Hi WindySong!

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your review! Next time you visit, please let us know at the front desk about your preference for air conditioning and we will do our best to take care of your needs.

We appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stopped here for the night on our way to the Gulf. It was a great choice for a family. Lots of stuff to do, it seems really quiet. It wasn't overly crowded. The breakfast was great. We will be staying again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the freeway.

Hi SoonerMom3!

We always enjoy having our friends from Oklahoma visit us! I hope you and your family got to enjoy some of the fun attractions in The Woodlands while you were here! We appreciate your kind words and want you to come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is very nice, very modern. It is clean and bright and the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. I really liked the split bathroom - it was a cool feature, but the frosted glass was a little strange. The TV is located in a way that it's hard to see from the beds, but I wasn't there to watch tv anyway.

The beds were a little firm for my liking, but that is purely a preference thing - some people like a firmer bed and I've stayed at hotels where people complain the bed is too soft! But overall I loved our room, we had no problems with noise (third floor facing the parking lot) and I would probably stay here again, all other things being equal. (I would say this hotel is comparable with a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Suite, both of which were more expensive.) The breakfast was very nice, except for the eggs which were the only thing I did not like here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Cindapedia!

Thank you very much for your refreshing review about our hotel! Sounds like you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The modern split bathroom concept takes some getting used to. I hope you and your family get to stay with us again soon!

Come back when you can stay longer!