“Great service beautiful spacious rooms!”

SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston
“Great service beautiful spacious rooms!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Great experience. We changed our minds about a 100 times and the front desk was more than accommodating. Price was very reasonable for the quality. Rooms were large and very modern set up. Enjoyed the hotel and staff very much. Oh and breakfast was yummyyyy

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Travelluvva99
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hi Travelluvva99!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us! We appreciate your kind words about our staff and I am very glad we were able to meet your needs!

Hope you get to come back and visit us soon!

Thank you for your continued business!
Jeanne In Sales, SpringHill Suites The Woodlands

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Mineral Wells, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My son and his wife picked this hotel back in January to block rooms for their wedding guests. I fell in love with it then. The rooms are clean, modern and roomy. The hotel staff is great and friendly. The maid service was excellent. The breakfast buffet choices are above average, and the atmosphere in the lobby, breakfast area and bar feels like a much larger, upscale hotel. I stayed there again in June for three nights and my experience was just as excellent. It's just a very comfortable, clean, friendly place to me and the only thing that makes the location bad is the highway construction going on at I-45 right now, which is horrendous. It will all be over eventually, so I hope the hotel price doesn't shoot way up. I will still pay to stay there. Great hotel, Marriott!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank You Kitgyrl for staying with us!

I want to thank you for your kind words about our hotel and your experience with us! We do have several weddings that stay with us, with guests that like to come back and see us for all the cool activities in The Woodlands!

I hope you come back and visit us again soon! We will have your room ready for you!

Hamlin, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoy staying at this hotel. It is clean, of a great, modern design, and the staff is helpful and courteous. I arrived later than the rest of our party and called down at around 9pm for a pack n play. One was delivered, along with a sheet and blanket, within 10 minutes. The pool and splash pad are excellent, nice gym and bar. The board games in the evenings are a great touch too. Breakfast is tasty and plentiful. Even with a packed hotel, the buffet was fully stocked during our breakfast. The one complaint I have is the noise level in the rooms that face I-45. I had to turn on a white noise app to help me sleep and the sounds of traffic still woke me twice during the night. You would think that such a new and well designed hotel would have taken the proximity to a major interstate into consideration and installed some thicker or sound damping windows along this side of the building. If you stay here, avoid this side of the hotel!

Stayed May 2014
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hi Lacey B!

We appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us! Thank you for your kind words and feedback regarding the location in the very busy Woodlands area. I am glad that the pack-n-play was delivered as requested and the breakfast was enjoyable. We do make every effort to accommodate room requests, but there are times when the hotel is full that we are not able to offer additional room options. Please let our front desk know of any concerns before you check out next time, so that we can ensure that you have a good night's sleep.

I hope you come back and stay with us soon!

Thank you for your business and your review!
Longview, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Walked in front door, and was greeted by friendly staff. We stayed on first floor, which was perfect for us. The room was very modern. the hotel grounds was landscaped beautifully. The entire staff was wonderful. Had a nice breakfast every morning of our stay. The hotel is located in the area where we needed to be. The shower door leaked water all over bathroom.....make sure you have extra towels to put down on floor. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the side of hotel next to I-45, but we did not hear any traffic at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Kathy H!

We appreciate your kind words about your recent stay! I am glad that the room and location was just what you needed for your visit to The Woodlands. We have since updated our showers so that they don't leak on the floor. Thank you for passing that information along so that we can improve your next stay with us.

Hope you come back to visit us soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay at this hotel 70-75 nights a year and it is definitely the best value in the area.
Super nice, well designed rooms (for business travellers); good common areas including gym, restaurant and bar. The service here is very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is not gourmet, but fresh and simple with adequate variety. My only complaint is that the rooms on the east side are a bit noisy due to highway traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side for a quieter experience.
Green Features: Hotel seems to use the common environmental practices of hotels today.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Thomas B
Hi TCBeard!

Thank you for your wonderful review and most of all, thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your continued business and want to make sure that each of your visits are enjoyable. We do sell out rather quickly (as you know) so please forward an email prior to your stays so that we can make sure we have your room preferences, based on availability.

Come back again, soon!

Northville, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed for a weekend with my wife while visiting a relative. The hotel appears to be newer construction and is well-kept. The service was friendly but not outstanding. We found the room layout to be rather awkward, with the toilet and shower in separate "nooks" off the sleeping area. Maybe this works better when there are more than a couple sharing the room, but it didn't do anything for us. Also, translucent bathroom doors in a hotel room are just a plain bad idea - I guess whoever designs these has never stayed with anyone who needed to get up in the middle of the night and lit up the whole room by turning on the bathroom light (not to mention provided a nice silhouette of what they're doing in there)! We had a room facing east toward I-45, which presented extremely loud road noise throughout both nights of our stay. Strongly suggest asking for a room on the west side of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Hello Autostocks!

Thank you for your honest feedback and recent stay with us, here at SpringHill Suites The Woodlands. As a newer design of the popular SpringHill Suites brand, we do have several guests who appreciate the split bathroom design. We do understand that this style may not work for every visitor. Regarding the service during your stay, we will work with our staff to provide excellent customer services the next time you visit.

We do value and appreciate your comments and look forward to having you with us again, soon.

Thank you for your business.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My family (husband, 3 children) and I stayed at the Springhill Suites in the Woodlands this past weekend, and although I usually don't write reviews on hotels, I felt I should this time. The hotel is either a new construction or has been recently renovated. Either way, it's a new design for the hotel's sleeping areas and the bathrooms. My biggest problem with our room (2 queens and a sitting area separated from the beds by a frosted glass partition) is that there were NO LOCKS on the bathroom doors! AND, the doors (pocket doors) slid open while you were in the bathroom, unsuspecting. This is unacceptable in a personal home, much less a hotel room! Then, there were no towel racks or hooks in the shower area - and we are encouraged to reuse our towels HOW? Thennnnn…. the lovely, chic frosted glass doors that enclose the toilet and shower areas (separate from each other) show a huge lighted glow into a dark room when someone is using the shower, sink or toilet -- and the other guests/children are trying to sleep in the room! Terrible design. The last, albeit small, detail is that the sink in the toilet area is so small that you literally can't fit the soap dish on the sink. It must go on the shelf over the toilet. Whatever. I must be too picky. I will certainly look at photos of Springhill Suites before I book there from now on -- the renos are pathetically designed. Especially if you want privacy when you're on the toilet.

Green Features: Read my review -- with no hooks or towel racks in the shower area, how are we expected to reuse the towels??
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JeanneinSales, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hi Heather B,

I appreciate your comments and concerns regarding our newly designed and constructed split bathroom concept. We realize that this type of restroom design and features does not always work well with every traveler. I hope that you will consider using our hotel again the next time you visit The Woodlands. Please contact our offices directly for any questions or concerns before your next stay at SpringHill Suites to make sure we are able to meet your needs.

Thank you for your business and your comments.