“Just about perfect”

SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights last weekend. Friendly front desk. The property looks near new and the room was spotless. Our number one priority is CLEAN and our room did not disappoint! I like the layout of the suite. It was not a huge room but the layout was very effiecient. I really like the separate toilet and shower areas. The hotel seemed to be completely booked, full parking lot - etc., but was very quiet. The breakfast area was busy but worked fairly well considering the crowd. The only small issue was some traffic noise in the odd numbered rooms facing the I-45 speedway, but it was not too bad. Next stay I will request a room on the front side of the hotel. I travel to The Woodlands frequently and this is now MY hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hdpilot

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed at SpringHill Suites in the Woodlands last weekend. Clean, friendly service, good location for activities in the area. Most amazing thing, however, is that I left an iPad in the room and it wasn't taken. The front desk expressed it to me the next day. That never happens... I was very impressed.

Room Tip: Request room facing away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My family of 4 travels quite often and always stays in the same room together. We prefer 'suite' types of rooms for the added space and convenience of refrigerators and microwaves for the kids snacks. Everything about this hotel and stay was, by far, better than all others of this same type and quality.

The lobby has a sort of mini-mart with sweet and salty snacks, a nice variety of drinks including alcohol, and a decent selection of microwavable pasta and noodle meals. There was even a small selection of ice cream and cookies for those late night treats for the kids.

The lobby is quiet and welcoming. We sat here a few times while waiting for my husband to finish up work issues, and it was lovely each time. Their use of the curtains gives a sense of privacy.

There is a sports bar in the lobby that is open from 4:30-10 and the prices were incredibly reasonable. A nice perk for sure.

The breakfast bar was always perfectly clean and well stocked with tons of selections. Waffles, pastries, breads, bagels, variety of cereals, variety of yogurts, oatmeal with a variety of toppings, juices, and a well stocked coffee bar. Would have liked for the breakfast to go until at least 9:30...it ends at 9:00.

The pool was a blast. There is a mini splash park that the kids can simply turn the knob to start on their own. The hot tub was incredibly large and the pool was a great size. Plenty of room for the kids to play and still have space for other adults to relax. The bar would even fix you a 'grown-up' drink in a plastic cup so you could go out to the pool area and relax while the kids played. Kids happily playing in the pool and splash zone - free...Parents getting to relax at the same time - Priceless! The pool area is right next to the interstate, but after 5 or so minutes, we didn't notice the wooshing of the cars so much.

We had a suite on the 4th (and top) floor away from the interstate and couldn't hear anything. Incredibly peaceful and saw some beautiful sunsets from our vantage point.

There is a large step in closet with a large shelf along the top. We simply asked for more hangers and our family of 4 had plenty of storage space for all our things in the drawers and closet.

If there is something to complain about, it would be the bathroom. The hotel needs to install towel racks in the bathroom. There was only a small round hook which didn't allow for our family of 4 to hang our towels to dry each day. Can't do eco-friendly very well with wet towels in a humid environment without a place to dry them. We simply asked for dry towels each day and the staff was quick to respond and happy to do so. Also, the lighting in the bathroom is pretty low. I simply stepped out of the bathroom and used the natural light from the window to get dressed each day, which worked well anyway so someone else could use the shower. One last item...it would be nice to have some sort of ability to lock the sliding doors that close off the shower area and the toilet area. With 2 boys and a husband also in the room, a little more ability for privacy would have been a nice detail.

There is a Walmart in the same shopping area and several restaurants. Hint to getting to the hotel...take Hwy. 242 heading west from I-45 and immediately turn north into the Walmart parking lot. Keep going north, driving through the various parking lots, as far as you can and you will end up at the hotel.

We were always greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. Lovely week and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel seems relatively new and it has a very modern decorating style. The rooms are spacious. There is a sofa with a chase, a nice desk area, and the bathroom is split into one room with a toilet and sink and another room with a larger sink and shower. The room has a small refrigerator and a microwave. There is a Walmart very close by for buying drinks and snacks. There are also lots of restaurants close by. The hotel is close to the highway. We did not hear any highway noise, but I recommend asking for a room away from the highway. The pool is a bit small, it's right next to the highway and is not a very relaxing atmosphere. Check in was a breeze and the front desk staff was always very helpful and friendly. The complementary breakfast included scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage every day. In addition, they offered waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagles, danish,coffee, juice, milk, etc.

We had two issues with our room. The cover on the air conditioner rattled a bit -- not enough to bother me, but it did bother my husband. Also, one evening we found a bug in the room with the toilet. Given that it's hard to control bugs in a hot climate and that we never saw another one, I'm still rating it a 4. The management sent someone to the room immediately to take care of both issues and they gave us a free night to compensate.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here for a little staycation and it was great. Even though its next to the highway there are a row of trees that keep you from seeing a view of the highway. Also inside the hotel is quite. no road noise! The splash pad was a great feature. It was way better than the pool and hot tub. It was a great way for the little one to have her pool time and have loads of fun at the same time. The staff was very nice an the hotel was super clean. The rooms were spotless! The breakfast is limited but they still have the Marriott waffles. It was a good stay and we would stay here again when we want to get away from Houston for a night or 2.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just stayed here with my wife & kids last week. Our stay was flawless!! They allowed us to check in very early (before noon). My kids loved the splash pad & pool. The lobby was very modern & cool with lots of TVs and seating. The room was great. I like the European-style bathroom setup with the toilet & mini-sink in one room and the shower & full sink in the other room. Beds were very comfy. Breakfast was very good, altho they did run out of waffle batter on the 2d day. My kids really liked the Texas-shaped waffles. Gym was typical, but clean. The whole hotel was very clean & new. My kids are pretty loud, but I could barely hear them when I was in the hallway. I could hear people in the hallways, but I couldn't hear people thru the walls, so the walls/floors seemed pretty solid to me. I've stayed in many of the other hotels in The Woodlands (both Residence Inns, Homewood, Hilton Garden Inn, Drury), but this is definitely my new favorite hotel. The location is a bit far away from the main area, but it's still definitely worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stay at a lot of hotels (75+ a year). I love the new SpringHill style. I stay at the Woodlands twice month. The SpringHill service is great and it is always consistent. The manager is present and cognizant of his staff. It is really close to some decent resteraunts. For business it is great and simple (has great bathrooms and shower). I bring my wife and kid here often as well. The "splash" pool is a hit! The room also is great for a kid to play around with plenty of space. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: August 2012