“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Amarillo, Texas
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

This was a very good hotel in The Woodlands/Conroe vicinity. I was here for about a week. The decor was a little eclectic, but nothing too extreme. I'm not sure about the age of the property, but the hotel seemed to be in good shape and was clean. Rooms seemed to be organized a little differently. For example, the bathroom in my room had the equivalent of two 1/2 baths side-by-side. The commode and a little sink were in one closet-like room and the shower and full sink setup were in an adjacent room. It was a little unusual, but not unsettling or anything. The Internet (Wi-Fi) was awesome with truly fast download and upload speeds and strong, stable signals. Tech support for Wi-Fi was even great, as I needed a minor accommodation to make my VPN work. My only complaints are two things that could, arguably, be out of the hotel's control. First, rude, classless neighbors that were very loud at late hours and liked playing variations of the door slamming game. Second, a sledgehammer and other construction noise, which started quite early a few mornings (parking lot maintenance). My limited contact with front desk staff was pleasant and efficient. No billing or reservation problems. As usual, I did not try, or know if this property had, free/paid breakfast, business or fitness centers, or swimming pool. Flat screen TVs, of course. Overall, this was a good value that I will strongly consider using again when I have reason to be in the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasPro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel over the weekend. The hotel, our room, exercise room, pool and whirlpool were very clean (#1 on my list). The location was excellent being right off the access road to I-45. A large mall was within 3-4 miles, multiple restaurants and fast food places were very close and of course all the normal shopping stores were close (some within yards but all within a few miles). The staff was excellent and helpful.

We paid $129 for a king size suite and could have slept a family of four easily, more if you didn't mind being close. Our room had a king size bed with a sleeper sofa and a twin sleeper sofa (we kept them as couches). An excellent bathroom set-up with a toilet/sink facilities on one side (with door) and a huge shower and vanity on the other side (with door). A desk separated the sleeping area from the living area. We also had a fridge and microwave. The room was spacious and very well laid out (did I mention clean?). The temperature control was very good. The only complaint I would have, and the reason I deducted a point, is the towels and linens were very rough (sandpaper rough). Given the excellence of everything else, that detail surprised me.

The breakfast was standard. Also, we were there during some kind of soccer tournament and soccer players were everywhere but we experienced no problems with noise, lines, etc.

This is our first time at a SpringHill Suites and all I can say is they are now on our go-to list. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room faced the interstate access road so there was some noise but it wasn't enough to keep u...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lewisville, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Any teams traveling with young kids or teens, STAY HERE! Jeanne Erwin, and their ENTIRE staff was so fantastic to work with. We are a traveling soccer team, so we have experienced many hotels over the years, and as the manager of the team, I can honestly say, I have NEVER had better service. They were extremely accommodating and surprised me at every turn, always offering to go above and beyond for me and my teams. The rooms are configured very great so the girls have different areas in their rooms to "get ready", ie: living room, separate restroom from shower which meant they could shower without interruption. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!!!!

Room Tip: laundry on 2nd floor towards rooms ending in 22. Top floor is quietest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

It's really hard to find a decently priced hotel room for a family if six. Springhill Suites is quickly becoming my go-to. This one was brand new and super clean. The kids said the sofa bed was particularly bad, even by sofa bed standards. I sat on it and it really was bad...so that's why I docked the room a star. The euro style is a bit odd, but nice. I'm not sure why you would need a big walk in closet, but it made a nice changing room. The pool had a little splash pad feature for kids and we were sad to not have time to use it. Good breakfast and Texas shaped waffles!! Overall very happy.

• Stayed May 2012
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

What I Wish I would have known before booking the hotel... Really can't figure out why this hotel has good ratings other than it is clean and new. The bathroom sink is so small that even the tiny soap on the soap dish doesn't fit on the side of the sink. If you know someone staying here, you may want to think twice about shaking their hand. The bed is hard (even with the "egg crate" under the sheet). The wood trim is fiberboard looking with some sharp edges in the room (definitely not kid friendly--would not recommend bringing kids of any age here).

It's not romantic, or homey, or comfortable. It is new, clean, and has a small fridge and microwave. They have lollipops at the front desk. The door configuration is odd as the bathroom (very tiny) and shower are separate areas. This reminds me of an updated Motel 6 in terms of quality of furnishings and the quality of the bedding. No dresser and no closet--just an Ikea type armoire. If you don't like celery green, you won't like the colors here.

The biggest disappointment was choosing this hotel based on the Trip Adviser reviews--query whether some of these reviews were written by people affiliated with the hotel--be careful in choosing this hotel based on the good reviews. This is just a room with an uncomfortable bed. Nothing special. Eurodesign features are intended to give an upscale feel but if you prefer a homey comfortable room, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you have kids--lots of sharp edged euro style furniture. If you like a soft...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hivelocity
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Don't misunderstand me; while I LOVED the hotel and have a couple of examples of outstanding staff service, I have to mention the unusual "door configuration" in my hotel room #251. I never really got used to the three doors aligned across the room from my very comfortable bed. In the middle of the room was the door to the toilet & sink, just to the left was the door to a spacious closet followed by the third and last door in the rear of the room which entered the shower/ bathtub. Equipped with a very nice sink, well lit mirror and fabulous shower, I kept expecting to see the toilet here and got badly disoriented one evening in the middle of the night! The bathroom, or more accurately the shower room (there I go again), was very roomy and came with torso jet-sprays in addition to the overhead shower. Quite nice.

The hotel is very new and the rooms have attractive, modern shades of "spring green" and "caribbean aqua" throughout. Very soothing. This is an ideal "work hotel" as it is equipped with one of the nicest desk-defined areas and ergonomic work chair that I've ever seen in a hotel. Definitely NOT an after-thought.

Now to the service. A huge convention was in town and there were simply ZERO downtown Houston hotels available or even rental-cars. I did not realize how FAR from downtown I was going to be with my SpringHill Woodlands hotel choice. Almost 90 minutes to the Reliant Center in tough morning traffic. Thankfully, the night staff advised me to make arrangements the evening before for transportation to my convention the following morning. While expensive, the prompt service and transportation coordination smoothed over what could have been an early morning stress test.

The value to roomrate ratio in my mind is excellent in my estimation. I can recommend this property with confidence!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was doing business over in Porter, TX but found this SpringHill Suites in The Woodlands had good ratings, so decided to give it a try. Glad I did! This place is awesome. Brand spankin' new. Clean. Well designed. Quiet. And in an excellent location that is near just about every kind of restaurant you can think of. Right on the Interstate, so easy to find. What else can you ask for?

I especially liked the layout of the room. It has a separate water closet for the toilet that includes it's own sink. The standup shower and main sink are in a completely separate room. And the shower is awesome! It has two spa jets that you can turn on for a body wash. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water made taking a shower a real pleasure.

The staff is friendly and helpful. I left my cordless mouse at the hotel and didn't discover this until I arrived home. I called and asked if they had found it. Minutes later, they had already arranged to ship it to me. Excellent.

The room has a nice big desk and work area, which I liked because I was on business travel. Also has a big comfy couch with built-in ottoman.

Request a room on the top floor facing west, as this is the side that is quieter, and away from the Interstate.

The only downside is that they do not have The Wall Street Journal as most Courtyard Marriotts have. They only have the USA Today.

Grab one of the strawberry or mango suckers that they have at the reception area. They are really good!

Room Tip: Top floor on the west side of the building, as the Interstate is on the east side of the building an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business