“Wonderful place to stay!”

SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed April 25, 2012

What a wonderful surprise. A very clean and new hotel in a safe north Houston suburb. Staff was friendly, rooms were very clean and fresh with every accommodation you can imagine. Firepit patio, awesome pool. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed there for my daughters rugby tournament. The staff was very nice and Calli was great. My husband enjoyed the bar and my daughter and I enjoyed sitting outside with the fire. The room was awsome! Loved the layout and the colors. The bathroom is seperate from the shower and has its own sink. The only downsides were if you were sleeping/sitting on the couch you could not see the tv if someone was watching it from the bed. The bed was super firm and enough that my husband had a hard time sleeping but then that is a personal preference. The extra blankets were very scratchy and breakfast while having quite a few choices wasn't the best tasting. But with all of that we would stay there again - hubby could just sleep on the couch.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Recently opened, so it's new and shiny. For the most part, they got it right. Staff is courteous and well trained and I like the updated room layouts that open them up while still separating work and sleep space.

The office chair is as comfortable as any I've found in hotels at this price point. Glitches were minor, and related to work space. The network cable at the desk was too short - had to move the desk phone and put the laptop on the end of the desk to get it to reach the network port on the laptop. A couple feet longer cord would have made a huge difference. And the desk lamp looks great but is not adjustable, so of limited use as a task light. Overhead lights at the desk are enough so it's not major.

Nice shower, comfortable, firm beds, and easily regulated A/C - I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My stay at the SpringHill Suites Woodlands was exceptional.

Rooms were *very* well kept, everything in the hotel felt new and fresh and clean, like they had made it especially for me. Most of my hotel stays felt like I was stepping back in time to the late 80's or 90's. The SpringHill stay made me feel like I was in a future utopia.

And the staff was on top of their game. Very knowledgeable and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sonya R
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was visiting my son in The Woodlands, Texas recently and stayed here for 7 days. A really nice hotel. Very new, clean and quiet. Comfortable beds, a convenient sitting area with desk, couch, table, microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker, pretty good free breakfast (scrambled eggs were cold, but everything else was good) and very friendly staff. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I recently stayed here for a three day business trip. Almost every hotel in the area was sold out and I had to use my platinum status just to get a room. I had never stayed at a Springhill Suite in the past, as I usually stay at the full service Marriott or the Courtyard. Based on this stay I will only stay at this hotel for future business travel in The Woodlands. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, great bathrooms with walk in showers. Beds are comfortable, and the business desk is very comfortable. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and had a couple of nice glases of wine each night for $5.50 a glass. A nice suprise as I am used to paying $8-12 in most hotels I stay at. I almost hate writing this review, as this is a great hotel secret in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for an even room - non freeway side. Really quiet hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 9erslover
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We brought a large group with us when we visited the hotel. The staff was accommodating, patient, and consistently helpful. Beginning with our initial experience booking serveral rooms, the entire process was pleasant! We were also delighted with the location, which seemed private and quiet but was also right off the freeway and close to all kinds of shops, restaurants, and entertainment. We will definitely visit again! Not only that, but we will seek out other SpringHill Suites in the future just because of the great experience we had here. Thanks to Jeanne for all that she did to make our trip with our large group such a success! And thanks to the rest of the staff for always being friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: We didn't see that any of the rooms would be in a bad location!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business