WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas
“Best hotel stay EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

I can't say enough good things about your hotel. These comments come to mind: cleanest hotel, newest furnishings, wonderful staff, comfortable bed, the largest complimentary breakfast, and the absolute best coffee of any establishment in town!! We enjoyed the swimming pool, the business center, which has the fastest internet, and the fitness room. I cannot complain about anything, and everything was exceptional. On a scale of 1-10, your hotel would be 10+

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Chappell Hill, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was concerned about road noise as this sits on I-45 but it was not a problem. Our room was on the highway side, ground floor and there was just a "hum" of road noise in the background. It's all new and a friendly staff. There's no restaurant on property but several nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We checked into the Springhill Suites for a mini staycation a couple of weeks ago and had a really nice time.

Pros:
The hotel colors and decor are fresh and modern.
Breakfast selection was great; they had eggs and sausage in addition to your typical continental fare.
They provided tea and hot chocolate packets in the lobby free of charge, which were a nice treat to have that evening while watching movies in our room.
The pool is not very deep; this was great for our kids.
The in-house pantry sells snacks and drinks; this was convenient for us to pick up a few goodies to take up to the room for the night to nibble on.
The room and hotel were both very clean.
Husband enjoyed using the gym in the morning.
We appreciated that they provided towels for the workout area and pool.
The shower, which I found confusing to use initially, was very nice and the jet streams provided wonderful pressure to my back.
Close to shopping and food.

Cons:
The beds weren't the comfiest, but we still managed to get a good night's sleep.
The pool is small, and it seemed to be constantly occupied.
The night receptionist wasn't very attentive (although the woman working the next morning was very polite).

Notes of interest:
Was difficult to find hotel from highway (like most buildings in The Woodlands, it is surrounded by trees).
No view from room, but we didn't get this hotel for the view and weren't expecting much in that regard.

Overall great time, and I will have to make up another excuse to visit sometime soon.
Fun. Clean. Did I also mention they have free Chupa Chups lollipops available at the front desk for you to enjoy? The kids loved that, and so did we. Thank you to Springhill Suites for a fun weekend.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mintymom
Cedar Park, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We are staying for a soccer tournament. We checked in at 2:00 so we could make sure My roomwas next to my daughters room. We requested the rooms be side by side before we came. When we showed up the room numbers were in order so we are across the hall. We kindly asked for a room change but they said we already went into the room and they could not change our room.
I would recommend whoever makes the room assignments to learn how you rooms are numbered. What happen to customer satisfaction?

• Stayed August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lbohrer
SpringHillSuitesGM13, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
I'm very sorry you're not very happy with your room assignment. As we explained to you at check-in, since we are in a sold out situation and are limited in which rooms are available, right across the hall is as close as we had available. Please accept my apologies if this made for an uncomfortable stay during your tournament. We hope your daughters team does well and you're able to enjoy your stay in The Woodlands.
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I like this hotel very much. Might be the newest Marriott property in the Woodlands area. Very european in design. Well designed rooms with seperate water closet area. Great staff, very good breakfast. Very close the the interstate though. Had to move from the first room given to me since it was on the highway side and very noisy. Some others in our group had highway rooms and did not complain. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeslieGushin, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you very much for your review! We are in fact the newest hotel in The Woodlands (opened May 2011). I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to move rooms after your first night! We hope to be able to welcome you back the next time you are in town!
Plano, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed just one night, but my husband frequents the area and plans to return to Springhill! My family of 4 doesn't need a lot of space, we do need 3 sleeping areas to accommodate my 8 year old daughter and 16 year old son. We reserved a double queen and had everything we needed. My son was very comfortable on the pull out sofa and I loved the split bathroom setup. Even though breakfast eneded at 10am, the staff was very gracious and asked if they could get me anything before they packed it up...at 10:20am! I can't wait for a reason to head back to The Woodlands just for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! I will share your kind words with our breakfast hostess. I am glad they were able to go that extra mile for you and your family. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon!
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Despite my SUV being hit in the parking lot, my stay was super pleasant! 2 mth old hotel....cant complain! Front desk lady was pleasant...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the excellent review! I'm very sorry to hear that your SUV was hit. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon!