“Pricey, yes, but wll worth it.”

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry's Steakhouse & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 226 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kuykendahl
Description: Long considered one of the premier steakhouses in Texas, Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille has earned a faithful following by perfecting prime since 1979. With an award-winning menu and private dining rooms, Perry’s is perfect for any occasion large or small, casual or formal. And Social Hour offers half-price appetizers and specials on wines and martinis, or enjoy live entertainment evenings. At Perry’s, we believe your dining experience should always be Rare and Well Done!
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a favorite of ours for special occasions. My husband orders the massive pork specialty. It's the only meal after which he has anything left to take home. I order the pecan crusted snapper. Next time I will substitute for the accompanying broccolini, as it has too strong a flavor.

1  Thank KKFW

Reviewed February 18, 2014

It was a really nice busy place at 545pm for dinner time. But the lighting was too dim for my eyes to read the menu. The bar was full and people were waiting to have a table. Good thing we have booked a table earlier. My daughter ordered a good looking grilled pink salmon with spinach. I ordered Southwestern style fillet mignon it was tasty and really filling and I also ordered a side dish of au gratin. I was surprised that their au gratin was cooked in cheese that tasted like Velvetta cheese. The color was dark orange and it did not taste like au gratin at all! Perhaps it is an American style au gratin but believe me I was not impressed at all after I tasted it. It was nothing but a cheesy dip for nachos. Just don't order au gratin then your fine.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I live close to Perry's... It stays so high on Tripadvisor's list that I had to try it again - a year later. To reiterate, from another review.... This place remains "stupid pricey," How do they clean those blue water carafes? ...and it DOES imagine itself to be a 5 star/private club. "Stop with the silly valet parking!" Train your waitstaff! The presumptuousness of scraping crumbs from the tablecloth while failing to bring the bread, serving our orders wrong, late, and out of sequence, "Um, do you still want that salad?" is just bizarre.

I've never had the pork chops - they must be fabulous because the steaks are NOT! EVER! I wish some of the devoted reviewers could 'walk me through' a meal at Perry's. I'm really mad at myself for continuing to try to figure out this place!

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We have attended this restaurant many times for several years & the quality has steadily declined unfortunetly. We all had a steak & my husband had the surf & turf. The food was not hot & the steaks were mediocre. My friend & I ordered the lava chocolate cake for dessert which takes 20 minutes or so. Her husband ordered the banana's foster. Our cakes were left on the serving platter while the server made the banana's foster which allowed them to cool. Unfortunetly, the lava was more like mud by the time we had it. A disappointment for Perry's restaurant.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Whoever said "stupid pricey" is not kidding. Friday and Saturday, should we even have attempted to come? Our reservation was for eight, and two did not come due to illness. Six of us were seated at a table for eight, no attempt to remove two chairs... Just ignore the space? It's what we did. Our poor little waitress was stretched. The buffoon of a wine steward brought a bottle of wine out, which my husband ordered, and walked around with it seeming lost, asking people if they had ordered the wine! Then when he got it to the right person, he seemed flummoxed and eventually served it - even to those who were not drinking it - then a asked a guest at our table if we needed more... And so it went. The next bottle took ages to arrive...

I was served my salad, took a bite and almost choked - it had so much pepper in the dressing that it burned my mouth and lips! ICK! They replaced it with no dressing, but truly, it was a high dollar salad - not very good... Not worth almost $10 bucks!

Poor service, uncoordinated - crazy. At least people who ordered the pork chops enjoyed them...

Perry's had hit or miss service. and the food is not THAT good. They have some good offerings, usually, but the considerable variability in service makes us never want to go back.

It seems that they have presumed a rather pretentious role as a pseudo-club - as demonstrated by "wine lockers" and "valet parking" (where the lot is never crowded) - what else is there to contend? - it's a strip mall in a suburban area for Pete's sake! ...people being legends in their own minds...

Honestly! How silly!

I think your eating out dollars are certainly better spent elsewhere. Avoid the frustrations and the grandiosity of this place! The food is just not that good for what you have to put up with in bad service.