“It must be me....”

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry's Steakhouse & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 226 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kuykendahl
Description: Long considered one of the premier steakhouses in Texas, Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille has earned a faithful following by perfecting prime since 1979. With an award-winning menu and private dining rooms, Perry’s is perfect for any occasion large or small, casual or formal. And Social Hour offers half-price appetizers and specials on wines and martinis, or enjoy live entertainment evenings. At Perry’s, we believe your dining experience should always be Rare and Well Done!
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I live near Perry's and it gets rave reviews from several neighbors. I have lived in The Woodlands for a year now, and have eaten there twice - the first time, we were excited to try it.....
The second time I dragged my husband there to try and decode the mystery.

First visit: Three different steaks and all were terrible, in texture, flavor, and preparation. Sides were cold. Our server was not competent, and I say this respectfully, she may have been emotionally/mentally challenged in some way. This is what actually kept us from complaining, along with the certainty that we would never be back. Matters were made worse by the fact that the hostess paraded us to the farthest table, next to the kitchen opening, awash in fluorescent light. ugh! The restaurant was only half-full. I would love to be privy to that thought process.

Second visit: Six months later. After almost being run out of the neighborhood for not "loving" Perry's _ we returned. We just don't get it. Sitting among seemingly happy people, We experienced awful service, bad timing( 2 hours from start to finish on a weekday night) and food that was slightly less awful - maybe mediocre.

I swear there is some kind of phenomenon at work here, where people who live "way back here" in Indian Springs are just so happy to have a steak restaurant that they'll support anything. This is my theory and I'm sticking to it. There will not be a third time.

3  Thank susan m

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the perfect birthday/anniversary/special occassion restaurant as it carries itself on the up-scale side. The ambiance inside is nice with the wine bar while you wait to be seated. Once you are, dont miss the Wedge Salad (a must). Also highly recommended are the Chateaubriand (with a trio of sauces), as well as their Filet Mignon, Rib-eye or their famous "7 Finger Pork-Chop". Dont forget to treat yourself to the Nutty Deangelo for dessert.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went to Perry's bar, Bar79, for their social hour. It was fantastic! The Kobe burger was only $8, Smoked Pork Quesadillas for $7. Glasses of wine starting at $3.50. Martini's and mixed drinks for $6. The food was super fresh and the service is as professional and fast as the restaurant.

If you are looking to try Spring, Texas' number 1 restaurant, then social hour is definitely the time. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went this trip for a birthday celebration for three of us -- and it was a great experience. There were seven of us at the table, so it was a good service challenge. Our waitress did well!

The martini to start was with bleu-cheese stuffed olives - which is awesome; the wedge salad is a must-have, and I had ahi tuna - which was really nice; my husband had the pork chop - you will take some home! Incredible! They brought us a nice birthday dessert sampler to end the meal - and it was just enough of the array of treats in small just-right portions. The chocolate truffle was what I chose and it was really decadent. The others said that the creme brulee was really nice...

I would come again, but be sure and get a table that is away from the fray - this is a multi-purpose restaurant/bar with entertainment in the bar, so can be a bit noisy. The service this time was very attentive, but we have been previously where it was not so good, then good, then not -- kind of hot/cold -- we hope that this is a sign of improvement.

1  Thank West_Tx_54
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We celebrated the birthdays of two in our party at Perry's last night. It was a good experience, better than the last time we ate there. The atmosphere was good. It was busy but not so loud you couldn't talk to the person next to you. This is an important point to note about Perry's. Where you are seated can dramatically affect how you reflect on your experience. Previously my wife and I had a table that had so much server traffic going past we thought we we eating in Grand Central Station. Fortunately this was not the case last night, and our server did a great job of looking after us. I ordered the lobster bisque, split a wedge salad, and THE pork chop (more on that later). The bisque was tasty but came out a little cool. I suspect this was to do with timing the delivery of food to our entire table. As is fashionable these days the soup was poured at the table into a dish already containing lumps of lobster. It was pretty good, although maybe just slightly too creamy. The wedge salad was next and was good. I am glad I was splitting it. The pork chop I ordered based on the recommendation of one of our party. I was warned I would be taking some of it home, and my friend was correct. The chop did not arrive looking like a chop. I don't think they would have had a plate big enough if they'd left it intact. The meat and bones were served on a cast iron plate as three sizable sections. I was left wondering who was the bigger oinker - me for ordering this dish, or the pork flavored friend who had contributed so personally to my dining experience. Anyway, the meat was very tasty, and I know the take home box currently in our fridge will see me through to February. One down side is, well, sides. There were none with the chop, and whilst tasty, the two we ordered were over priced at $18. The wine list was good. If are a grape-head, you won't be disappointed. Lastly, valet parking. Perry's, please do away with this. Charging $3 to park my car 60 feet from your front door when I can see empty parking spaces everywhere is becoming one of the standing jokes of The Woodlands. It's a shame to have a good experience inside and detract from that experience outside.