“Excellent”
Review of Caffe di Fiore

Caffe di Fiore
Ranked #3 of 249 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: International
Description: Family owned Authentic Mexican restaurant nestled in the back of the Woodlands. We have been in business for over five years, serving the Woodlands community. We pride ourselves in nothing but the freshest ingredients to execute our authentic flavors of Mexico. If you are looking for true Mexican food, and not the Tex Mex you see all over Houston, then search no further! We also cater special events, and have live music on Saturday evenings.
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

caffe di fiore has excellent authentic mexican dinner and breakfast...the huevos rancheros are very good as well as their authentic mexican specialties...they also have really good coffee drinks and a selection of pastries. staff is always wonderfully nice and attentive.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Went for a late lunch/early dinner. Able to get seated with a beer pretty quickly. Thw chunky guacamole was to die for. The chips were fresh, too. The entree wasn't as good as the appetizer, though. Got shrimp tacos, friend got barbacoa. Both plates came out fast and hot. Know that rice and beans are NOT included with taco plates unless specifically stated on the menu. Barbacoa was good, but the meat was a bit dry. Same with the shrimp. I expect seafood to be juicy and fresh. I know we came at an off time, so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I also wish they would have a printed beer menu. The wines were listed, but nothing else. Thw waitress told me 'we have pretty much any domestic and Mexican imports.' But Houston has so many microbreweries, I want to see if they have any of those beers. Plus, sometimes I don't think about a beer until I see it on a menu. Will go back and see if it's gone from good to great.

1  Thank therealfolty
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My family went here for Sunday breakfast. The three of us ordered three different items. I had Migas con Huevo. This is one of my favorite breakfast items, but I ate less than half of it. It was tasteless, even with the salsa provided. It tasted like it looked - beige. One son ate his tacos because he was very hungry, but said they had little flavor. I thought my other son had ordered the Gringa con Heuvos Estrellados, but there were no eggs - it was a plate of brown. Brown sauce, brown retried beans. Nothing with any color, so it made an unappetizing presentation. He said it tasted the same as it looked, as well. This place has good reviews, but it was almost empty on a Sunday morning, and it was just bland, bland.

This

Reviewed July 8, 2018

I ordered the Tampico Style Carne Asada. I order steak and enchiladas at almost every Tex-Mex restaurant I go to and have had some very good meals that I have raved about to friends and family extensively. However, this meal was by far the most delicious, incredible Mexican style food I have ever eaten. The steak was extremely flavorful and cooked to perfection. The enchilada with mole sauce was magnificent. The rice was not greasy and so yummy. The guacamole was amazingly fresh. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this food. The owner even brought us a tres leches cake on the house. THIS TRES LECHES was by far the most delicious dessert I have EVER eaten, truly to die for. The atmosphere was nice, quiet, and the staff were incredibly friendly. 12/10 would recommend to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

So legit. Mole and tomatillo blew my mind. So then we came back for breakfast the next morning. Try this place!

Date of visit: July 2018
Lucy S, Owner at Caffe di Fiore, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

This review is so legit! Thanks for the kind words and back-to-back visits, Steve!