“Outstanding!”
Review of Caffe di Fiore

Caffe di Fiore
Ranked #3 of 249 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: International
Description: Family owned Authentic Mexican restaurant nestled in the back of the Woodlands. We have been in business for over five years, serving the Woodlands community. We pride ourselves in nothing but the freshest ingredients to execute our authentic flavors of Mexico. If you are looking for true Mexican food, and not the Tex Mex you see all over Houston, then search no further! We also cater special events, and have live music on Saturday evenings.
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We found this place by accident, and we were not disappointed. They have a great variety of dishes that we have not seen at the average Mexican restaurant. Their gorditas chicharrones are a must try. We really loved the vibe in the restaurant and the waitstaff were very welcoming and took great care of us. A new favorite for us!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 28, 2018

The Woodlands does not have many authentic ethnic restaurants. My Mexican neighbors eat at Cafe di Fiore regularly and told me it's the closest to authentic Mexican food found in this area. Since they recommended it to me, I've been here 3 times for lunch and dinner. I'm not an expert on Mexican food, but I like what I've ordered here. I usually get tamales or tacos and they were delicious every time- appropriately seasoned, not heavy on oil or salt. The tres leches cake is also very good. The cafe itself is casual, clean and well kept. The service was fine. The staff was polite and our orders came out within 15 minutes. I'm glad to see a high quality ethnic restaurant in this area.

Lucy S, Owner at Caffe di Fiore, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Hello, thank you for the five star rating and positive review! We are happy that you have had consistent positive experiences with our food and service! We really appreciate the review and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

They had some fantastic service, very courteous staff, the food come in a timely manner and it was all highly delicous. Their Tamales and Chilaquiles made me remember my grandmother’s cooking. The prices are very affirdabke and their Tres leches Cake is out of this world. 10/10 I will come again.

1  Thank ElMata1
Lucy S, Owner at Caffe di Fiore, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Wow! That's all we have to say! It's truly touching that our Tamales and Chilaquiles are similar to your grandmothers means so much to us! We pride ourselves in providing authentic, great tasting food-- so it means the world to know we're serving just that! The Tres Leches cake is our favorite too! We hope you'll be dining with us again real soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I arrived for dinner at about 7:30 p.m. on Friday (6/15/18). There was no one to greet or seat us. After about 2 minutes a man wearing an apron appeared and asked where we would like to sit. He offered no smile and appeared to be angry. The dining room was approximately 75% full and there were no employees visible other than the man that seated us. Eventually, a lady appeared and took our drink order. Approximately 15 minutes later she stopped by to take our dinner order. The food was mediocre and service did not occur. Across the restaurant no one was getting their drinks refilled. My glass of iced tea was empty as was my glass of water and no one offered to refill our drinks. This restaurant is decorated very nicely and very well done however, there is no excuse for the man with the unfriendly attitude. Normally chips and salsa are offered for free at other Mexican restaurants in the area, but not at this place. The dining room has security cameras at various locations. All the management has to do is access the video and see what was going on, or in this case, what was not going on. As the old saying goes, "you never get a second chance to make a first impression". Our first impression was bad and we will not be back. If this is a mom-and-pop operation, I predict you will not be in business very long. If this is a corporate business, then the management needs to be fired and new friendly and helpful staff brought in. Mr or Miss Owner/Manager, re-play your security video, from tonight, and the truth about this unfavorable review will reveal itself.

2  Thank WingoftheHill
Lucy S, Manager at Caffe di Fiore, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Hello,
I am so sorry to see that you were so displeased with the service provided to you. All staff members are trained to be as professional, efficient, and welcoming as possible, and greatly apologize that it did not come across that way to you. Customer service that is not provided to its full potential is unacceptable and will be addressed immediately! I would like to assure you that this is certainly an isolated occurrence, and not a representation of how we normally operate as a business. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future!

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We found this place through Instagram, so we thought we’d give it a try. We’re Mexican and we’ve eaten in some “Mexican” places in Houston and the woodlands, and they’re really not Mexican at all. But this restaurant really lives up to its hype, it really makes you feel like you’re eating in Mexico. We recommend the sopes, the mole enchiladas, the bistec tacos and the pozole. The portions are big and you can share and the food was really amazing, fresh and tasty. We’ll definitely be back! Thanks

Date of visit: June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We’re so glad our commitment to quality and authenticity was reflected during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!