“Nice for a long lunch and visit”
Review of Cru - A Wine Bar

Cru - A Wine Bar
Ranked #45 of 216 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Nice for a long lunch and visit”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed sharing several menu items during a long lunch. The atmosphere was nice with a great quiet corner for us to chat and catch up.
Our server was friendly with good wine and food recommendations. We took advantage of the heirloom tomato month and shared several delicious appetizers.
The wine flights were well matched and quite good. Overall, the bill was on the high side even for a wine bar, but I would certainly return.

• Visited August 2013

“always enjoyable”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

been several times and never disappointed, great cheese trays (try the cashel if u like blue cheeses) and very knowledgeable servers

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Quality from start to finish”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We came across this by default and are so glad we did! The interior was elegant and classy. Our server, Sam, was polite, helpful, charming and knowledgeable and was more than happy to let us linger. We shared a gorgeous bottle of Viognier and my husband also had a beautiful glass of Pinot Noir - 33% off the bottle of wine was a bonus but it would have been worth it at full price. We shared three taster plates; the charcuterie board, the lamb lollipops and the chicken & shrimp pot stickers. It was lovely to have such quality food so well presented. We were so impressed we asked Sam if there was a Cru anywhere near us (Memorial area of Houston) and he came back with the locations of two. We will definitely give these a visit. Superb.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Most people dont realize, they have Amazing food!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I used to pass by this " wine bar" every week, never thought about going in, until one day during lunch, I noticed they had plates on the patio. I figured, they must serve lunch. To my surprise it was the most amazing lunch I have had in a long time. The food is spectacular, and I had ice tea (not wine)

• Visited June 2013
Lake Charles, LA
“We Double Dipped!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant was so good, we went 2 nights in a row and that is VERY unusual for us. The service was great, loved the wine flights and the knowledgeable staff that was more concerned with pairing your wine with your food than with selling you the most expensive wine. Very refreshing! Loved that they offered samples of a wine if you were unsure and that they brought the bottle to the table to pour your wine, and that the portions were generous. The food was excellent. The first night my husband had the petite filet mignon which was served with the best scalloped potato dish I have ever tasted. I had the roasted sea bass on fresh spinach and truffled risotto-just fabulous. We started with a fig and gorgonzola flat bread -also yummy. Too satisfied for dessert-again-very unusual for us. The second night we shared an excellent house salad with shaved manchego cheese and a mushroom, fontina pizza which we added goat cheese and arugula to-thin crispy crust, just the right amount of toppings- perfect! This small, upscale chain has it's act together in my book.

Visited May 2013