La Madeleine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We usually visit for brunch, so in the past, I have always ordered an omelette as most of the entrees haven't really enticed me. But on this visit, I wasn't in the mood for breakfast, and the menu looked new, at least redesigned, even if the choices weren't new.

So I opted for the chicken cordon bleu pasta, and I was quite impressed. Like many pastas, it becomes a lot of one taste, but the portion, while good, wasn't too large.

And the little baguette that came with it was amazing.

1  Thank JPC451

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had a business meeting here - just three of us - and I ordered a cafe' latte - which, I got made with soy - and boy's and girls, this is one of the best soy lattes that I have had... Maybe it is their coffee - which is always good... Who knows?

The pastries, the bread, their chicken (!) - are all excellent - as well as some of their other delectables... But, really, I just had to report that the latte was so good I need to go back!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had lunch here recently during a girly shopping outing - one of the party had been before & said how much she enjoyed it. Perhaps it was what I ordered, the spinach quiche, but I was a tad underwhelmed, especially when it arrived on the plate by itself - just the quiche - no garnish, salad etc, not even a token gesture. My friends had assorted sandwiches, which they said were good, & did come with various accompaniments as standard. That said, I had a mini lemon tart for dessert, which was absolutely delicious - perhaps if I return I'll stick to the patisserie selection & coffee!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have to rave about the Quiche. Actually all three of La Madeline's Quiche. I used to make my own but when a Le Madeline opened near us, my daughter and I went and tried it out. Excellent croissants, brioche, lunch and dinner menus have a wonderful variety of fresh veggies, salads, entrees with or without meat, soups, etc. Very kid friendly in the early evenings (around 5ish), later than that you can usually find an area where parents are congregated. So if kids bug you, don't worry, you'll be fine. Very spacious, plenty of room between tables and you won't feel like a sardine in a can like most restaurants. I've had their fantastic soups (tomato is memorable), breakfast croissants are REALLY made fresh and with care. (Had a mix up on an order of 16 breakfast croissants and they replaced them no problem! They remembered me and didn't even want the other's back, so I froze them and they ended up as breakfast for my other half for a month). The variety and the great taste will bring you back again and again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Located near the Six Pines entrance to Market Street in The Woodlands, the atmosphere is French rustic cafe with hardwood floors and a stone fireplace. Warm puff pastries filled with chicken and cheese with or without mushroom sauce, quiche, made on-the-spot salads, great soups and pastries. The staff could make more of an effort to be friendly and smile.