“Woodlands Seafood Gem”

Ranked #142 of 221 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hubby & I tried this place many years ago (before they expanded) and were not impressed. -- We recently gave them another opportunity to earn our business, after hearing from friends about their potent Hurricane’s ($5 DAILY Special). We are now regulars...

If you’re a fan of Oysters Rockefeller, you will not be disappointed!! We have learned that many items are not on the menu (such as Oysters Rockefeller); however, if you inquire with your waiter, they will do what they can to accommodate your request. Another item we typically ask for (not on the menu) is the Cold Boiled Jumbo Shrimp, which we request HOT (temperature wise).

We also recently tried the Crab Cakes, which were indescribably delicious!! One of our new favorites!

For excellent service, ask for Tim or Steven! They know the menu well, keep your drinks full, and won’t hesitate to ask their Chef to please you!! For instance, Oyster Rockefellers are typically served ONLY on the weekends, but if you ask for them during the week, and if you get an excellent waiter, it’s highly likely you will receive Rockefellers during the week!!

Seafood is always FRESH and I’m certain that’s why it’s a little on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for and so far we haven’t had anything we didn’t like.

** I recently took their online survey and was able to print a coupon/voucher for a FREE APPETIZER (up to $12.99 w/purchase of any entree $14.00 or greater)! **

There are newer reviews for Crabby Daddy Seafood & Steakhouse

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Fish appeared to be fresh, but the restaurant didn't feel clean, there appeared to be a lot of smokers either in or nearby the dining area (I could smell cigarettes in the restaurant) and the prices were excessive for the lack of ambience and creativity to the dishes.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Wow, food and music entertainment excellent! What surprised me was the value. The seafood was excellent and priced low. The chef dishes were good and appetizers. I'm on a tighter budget these days, so my friend Nick suggested I try this place. I'm coming back regularly when things get better! My date loved it too, so 5 stars guys. Loved the outside seating too.

Chas B

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Had dinner there twice. Both times we were pleased with the live music (outside) and the food. I ordered fish and chips and my wife ordered the fried shrimp. My fish and chips was well cooked, with fresh tasting fish and a crispy batter that was nicely spiced and not too greasy. The shrimp were butterflied and deep fried, and were also extremely tasty. Our friend ordered the fried seafood platter, and she raved about it.

It isn't fancy and the outdoor tables could definitely use some cleaning, but the food is very good and the service was fine.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

the service was very poor! Our food came before we even got our drinks, some of our crawfish were missing the bottom halfs, not sure if the were just reusing the leftovers from other tables. To top off our horrible service a flying cockroach landed on my face and ran across my chin!! When I informed the waiter he looked at me and said ok? what do you want me to do about it! I said get the bill so I cant get out, its gross and disgusting, ten minutes later he returned with no check, so we asked for the manager. She came and laughed and said was it one of those tree cockroaches? Then cocked her head to the side and in a condesending way said "well, sorry" then shrugged her shoulders and walked away. Never and I mean Never have I been to even a fast food chain and experienced that type of environment!! Never ever going back and I strongly discourage anyone from going there also!!!!