“Amazing fish tacos at a great low price”

Berryhill Baja Grill
Order Online
Ranked #102 of 275 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Welcome to Berryhill Baja Grill - a highly acclaimed, Houston-based restaurant chain that features unique, baja-style cuisine. Our tantalizing south-of-the-border menu is much more than your standard tex-mex tacos and tamales. In fact, the unique, innovative offerings of our chefs give a new twist to this Seriously Fresh Mex!
Reviewed April 25, 2019

I got off work late and wanted to find a quick place to get in, eat, and get out, so I could return to my hotel and sleep before my next 12 hour shift.

I drove into The Marketplace just north of The Woodland Hills Mall and found Berryhill.

The a la-carte special for Mondays is fish tacos. I ordered 3 and was delighted with the flavors of the fried fish, purple cabbage, corn tortilla, and their special cilantro and onion sauce. These are the best fish tacos I have had in over 8 years.

You place your order at the bar, take a table number and sit where you want. A member of the wait staff will bring your drinks and while you wait you can serve yourself at the build your own chips and dip bar next to their soda dispenser.

I only waited about 7 minutes while my tacos were prepared and bought out. Each taco is a double white corn tortilla filled with breaded and fried fish (possibly tilapia), purple cabbage and one of 2 sauces you choose when you order. They are individually wrapped in foil much like a street taco and the second best thing aside from the taste is that each taco is only $1.99 on Monday nights.

This is an excellent find in the Woodlands where restaurants try to be posh and upscale. This restaurant is a breath of fresh air both to the palate and to the wallet.!!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 19, 2019

Love the food and ambiance here. Its downscale prices at an upscale location on Market Street. Outdoor seating with music on some nights, a nice bar, all you want for beer and semi-Texmex offerings.

Reviewed February 11, 2019

Right on the edge of the mall, the restaurant was easy to find. We ate on the patio near the fireplace. Very fast service. The food was very good and at a great price. Chips not too salty or greasy. Love the taco options. Manager checked on us. Overall the best Mexican we have found in the Woodlands area so far.

Reviewed February 5, 2019

My wife and I go to the movies on Monday afternoons prior to the movies we go to Berryhill for Monday $1.99 Fish Tacos. They are consistent and taste authentic. I also like the cut carrot free appetizer. Look for us on Mondays.

Reviewed December 16, 2018

Went here on a Sunday am during a cars and coffee event. Wow the breakfast tacos are outstanding. this is a counter ordering joint but soooooooooo worth it - not a place you would think of for breakfast but it was OMG so good!

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to Berryhill Baja Grill? Share your experiences!