“lacking”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: pinecroft
Description: Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse offers guest a traditional Brazilian dining experience. Our menu features a gourmet salad bar with over 30 items to choose from and 12 succulent slices of meat sliced table side. The meat selection includes beef, chicken, lamb, pork, and grilled salmon. To complement your meal, we offer an extensive wine list with over 160 labels and an array of fresh homemade desserts to finish a perfect evening.
Spring, Texas
“lacking”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I think most people would expect something above average when paying over $100 for dinner for you and your wife. Service was below average. Salad bar was skimpy. Meat had no seasoning. We should have picked up the red flag when we noticed the place was empty. Can't see this place making it with this kind of service and poor quality of food. $100 bucks down the drain.

• Visited January 2013
7 Thank Chuck_L56701

Houston, TX
“Was a great night out!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband, my daughter and myself all went to Guri do Sul last night for the first time. We made advance reservations. We were seated as soon as we arrived. Our server came over and explained that it was a two course meal, unlimited trips to salad bar and then the meat course with two side dishes would be served. The place was a little smaller than we expected but we found it cozy. I see other reviews complaining about the bar area and it was lit up with neons ect, we were unable to see it from where we were seated so it didn't cause distractions from the dining area. The salad bar was also smaller than we expected but it had something for everyone. I had the beefsteak tomatoes, cucumber salad and a ceaser salad, all of which tasted very fresh. My daughter and husband tried the crab salad and loved it. They also had a large selection of cheeses which we all enjoyed. Other items there included potato salads, smoked salmon, three different kinds of salad (with all the toppings), meats, mushrooms (sauteed and whole), olives, huge asperagus and many many other items. We finally had to stop eating the salad bar to save some room for the meat. Our server along with other waitstaff made sure to keep our water glasses and wine glasses full at all times. They also give you bread that was delicious. Then the second course came and the servers with the meat on skewers came by our table constantly, never once were we waiting for a meat item. At one point we had three servers at our table dishing out some amazing meats. We had several diff types of steak, lamb chops, lamb, pork, bacon wrapped chicken, spicy sausage, all of which tasted great! We finally ate all of the meat we could and ordered dessert. We got the homemade vanilla Tres Leches and I must say it was also very very good. From the hostess to the waitstaff everyone was attentive. They also had live music which was a treat. Our whole experience was awesome and we will be back.

• Visited January 2013
“Not a true Brazilian Experience”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We have had better Brazilian steak house experiences at our all inclusive resort in Playa Car & Villahermosa Mexico!! Our feelings on this restaurant are that they want you to feel like this is a premium dining out experience & for the price it should be -but don't be fooled!
1st-of all the salad bar is ridiculous - very small with a poor selection of items.
2nd- the meat did not come by our table for 15 min. Our waiter assured us he would send it our way. That was the LAST time we saw our actual waiter. When the meat did arrive all the beef that came was over-cooked & tough. The pork was a pleasant surprise being my least favorite normally but here it was the best item.
3rd-we were here for nearly 2 hrs including our 25 min wait for the bill and that's when we saw the shimp & sausage coming to the tables. Timing on the food was strange. Without a doubt we felt like they were making many cost cutting decisions
4th-very poor service. VERY
We both left feeling we would never return. Lack of service & poor food quality was our overall impression. Strangely enough this is a place that you need reservations & they did have a live musician. Parking is ample.

6 Thank Four Lone Stars B
The Woodlands, Texas
“Horrendous”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have to start out by saying I have never written a restaurant review. I ate at Guri a couple of months ago based on good feeback from another web site. I drive by this restaurant about once a week and shudder when I do with the thought that people are going there uniformed. I lived in Rio for several years and wanted to take my family out to a Brazilian restaurant for a dinner celebration. In a nut shell...the salad bar was a dissapointment, the meat guys would only come around every 7-10 min, which meant you ate your piece of meat and then sat and waited. The meat was "OK". We sat there for over an hour and a half and finally left from sheer boredom. When we got home the entire family was digging in the refridge for something to eat. That is a first for me when coming from a "all you can eat" restaurant. On top of that it is a very expensive restaurant. I'm putting out a passionate plea to not waste your time or money at this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
6 Thank Outbound064
The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than just a meal....its an experience!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

i love this restaurant! i've been going there for years. the salad bar is divine, <3 the tenderloin and green sauce...and fabulous wine selections! Go when you have time to linger...take your whole family and take your time...mmmmm

• Visited December 2011