“Not a true Brazilian Experience”

Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #166 of 213 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, South American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: pinecroft
Description: Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse offers guest a traditional Brazilian dining experience. Our menu features a gourmet salad bar with over 30 items to choose from and 12 succulent slices of meat sliced table side. The meat selection includes beef, chicken, lamb, pork, and grilled salmon. To complement your meal, we offer an extensive wine list with over 160 labels and an array of fresh homemade desserts to finish a perfect evening.
“Not a true Brazilian Experience”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We have had better Brazilian steak house experiences at our all inclusive resort in Playa Car & Villahermosa Mexico!! Our feelings on this restaurant are that they want you to feel like this is a premium dining out experience & for the price it should be -but don't be fooled!
1st-of all the salad bar is ridiculous - very small with a poor selection of items.
2nd- the meat did not come by our table for 15 min. Our waiter assured us he would send it our way. That was the LAST time we saw our actual waiter. When the meat did arrive all the beef that came was over-cooked & tough. The pork was a pleasant surprise being my least favorite normally but here it was the best item.
3rd-we were here for nearly 2 hrs including our 25 min wait for the bill and that's when we saw the shimp & sausage coming to the tables. Timing on the food was strange. Without a doubt we felt like they were making many cost cutting decisions
4th-very poor service. VERY
We both left feeling we would never return. Lack of service & poor food quality was our overall impression. Strangely enough this is a place that you need reservations & they did have a live musician. Parking is ample.

6 Thank Four Lone Stars B

The Woodlands, Texas
“Horrendous”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have to start out by saying I have never written a restaurant review. I ate at Guri a couple of months ago based on good feeback from another web site. I drive by this restaurant about once a week and shudder when I do with the thought that people are going there uniformed. I lived in Rio for several years and wanted to take my family out to a Brazilian restaurant for a dinner celebration. In a nut shell...the salad bar was a dissapointment, the meat guys would only come around every 7-10 min, which meant you ate your piece of meat and then sat and waited. The meat was "OK". We sat there for over an hour and a half and finally left from sheer boredom. When we got home the entire family was digging in the refridge for something to eat. That is a first for me when coming from a "all you can eat" restaurant. On top of that it is a very expensive restaurant. I'm putting out a passionate plea to not waste your time or money at this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
6 Thank Outbound064
The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than just a meal....its an experience!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

i love this restaurant! i've been going there for years. the salad bar is divine, <3 the tenderloin and green sauce...and fabulous wine selections! Go when you have time to linger...take your whole family and take your time...mmmmm

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank 22faith22
Houston, Texas
“THis place is pretty horrible”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is my 2nd attempt to eat here, the first time a year ago, I walked in and there was a horrible sewer smell, so I walked right back out- this time I took 2 clients for lunch and it was obvious that they were trying to save money. The salad bar is small and the food is not fresh, the waiter kept on controlling the amount of food that would come to my table, I have to ask for more Fry bananas and cheese bread 4 times, bananas never came and when the cheese arrived only had 3 pieces, (one for each), as soon as my clients tried 4 to 5 cuts, they took their plates and go/stop card which i thought was rude. an overall bad experience, maybe my expectations were higher comparing to Fogo De Chao. lunch for 3-$95+tip

• Visited October 2012
6 Thank mauriciotorey
“Very disappointing visit”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and came here for lunch on 7/20. We arrived and they seated us but still had to wait about five minutes before the waiter came to our table. We noticed right off the bat, even though it was lunch time, the place was so dark it was hard to see. Their lights were dimmed and even the lights at the sale bar seemed to be off. We got to our meat portion and they served some meat, but being a Brazilian place, we were expecting the Brazilian cuts, especially our favorite, Picanha. We eventually asked for that cut, but then were told that they did not have any. They had a miscommunication with their butcher and they didn't get any and they also said that they had just been closed to remodel their place. Which was a very big disappointment. That's why we go to Brazilian steakhouses, so we can have that particular cut. Had we known that, we probably would have gone somewhere else. We had other cuts, but some was over cooked, and others were over salted, and the salt didn't seem like they were using coarse sea salt. Several people apologized for not having the Picanha, But it just dampened our meal. What also didn't make sense to me was why they just didn't get it from somewhere else or ask their butcher to emergency cut that top Sirlion? This was our second time trying this place, and we will not be going back again. We'll stick with our favorite place down on Montrose.

8 Thank CartoonRick

Been to Guri do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!