“Great location, nice room if you need...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Centric The Woodlands

Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Fort Worth
“Great location, nice room if you need...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

Great location, nice room if you need sleep! Shut all the curtains and you will never know what time it is...oh but don't touch the mini bar! It will charge you for whatever you touch! Great ambience, awesome pool area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 12, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear you had a great night's sleep! Thank you for the favorable comments regarding the location and ambiance of the hotel. The mini bar is electronically integrated with the hotel property management system, and all charges are triggered by weight sensors. I hope you contacted the front desk if you were charged in error for any item so the charge could be removed. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in The Woodlands.
In hospitality, Dave Brown, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

Highy Recomended: Market Street The Woodlands is host to the new Avia Hotel in Town Center.Lots of Hotel Amenities ,Breakfast Buffet ,Coffee Maker in Room ,Lighted make-up mirror and hair dryer ,Beautiful Balcony veiw of the pool,Flat Panel Television - 42",In-room massage and spa services upon request

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We are pleased you had a great stay and highly recommend AVIA. Thank you for the nice review regarding the hotel location and amenities offered. We hope to see you again!
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

Wow...What a hotel. We stayed at the Avia May 21st and 22nd, and were absolutely thrilled with everything. The suite looked even better than the photos show. The living area, bedroom and bathroom were all oversized. The bed and bedding were so comfortable, the room stayed cool (even though it felt like an oven outside). This was the first time we had ever stayed at such an upscale hotel and were very pleased that our money was well spent!!! We were celebrating our anniversary and the hotel recognized that event also. The staff were so friendly and could answer every question regarding the surrounding area and they always had a smile for you. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. I would love to go back to this hotel. The hotel is situated in the middle of an upscale little town. It is a very nice area and I would love to go back......... Hopefully soon. D. Ellsworth

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Wow! Thank you for the awesome review regarding your recent stay at AVIA. I'm overjoyed you had a great anniversary getaway and we were able to make the weekend special as well. I am pleased the staff was friendly and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recommending AVIA and we hope to see you again soon!
Boise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

This modern hotel offers something unique in the Woodlands. My wife and I selected this hotel based on the proximity to the concert venue next door and access to the restaurants. The beds and pillows are very comfy and we appreciated having a shower instead of a tub. The hip pool / cocktail area was a nice place to relax after the concert. We will stay here again if in The Woodlands.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We are thrilled you enjoyed AVIA and relaxing around the pool after the concert. Thank you for the great comments regarding the bed and shower. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you attend a concert.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

I booked a 'Romance Package' recently at Avia Hotel in the Woodlands. I had booked a couple of weeks in advance, for a Saturday stay. The guest relations person called me a few days before and informed me that they could not fufill the romance package as it was stated on the website. I was a little disappointed, at first. However, they were able to compensate us very nicely. When we arrived to the Hotel, they dropped our rate and they upgraded us to the Presidential Hosting suite. This was like staying in our own nightclub/luxury condo. This was the nicest hotel room, by far, we have ever stayed in. I have travelled quite a bit throughout the U.S. and this room is the best I've stayed in. The master bedroom had both a very comfortable bed and blackout curtains. That was the best nights sleep we have had in quite some time. The bath tubs are huge and comfortable. The pool is very modern and heated. The Sunday Brunch was excellent. Both of us had omletes and French Toast. They were both very delicious. I highly reccomend breakfast at this hotel. If you are going to see a show at Cynthia Woods and need a place to stay, this is the hotel where you want to stay, period... There are also numerous shops right around the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at AVIA. I apologize that we were not able to fulfill the Romance Package as stated on the website when you booked your stay. I was delighted to see that when you checked into the hotel we were able to upgrade your room to the Presidential Suite and reduce your rate. All in all, it is nice to know you had a wonderful stay and a great Sunday brunch. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

The Avia is located in a wonderful location, positioned right in the middle of a nice, upscale shopping center with lots of retail and restaurants nearby. The property itself is modern, fresh, sleek, but not ostentatious. The furnishings and décor were stylish not only in the room, but throughout the public spaces. My room had a view of the pool deck. I didn’t have a chance to use the pool area, but as with the rest of the hotel, the space looked very stylish and sophisticated. In the room I especially loved the interesting scenic picture in the shower that led to the main bedroom. The picture allowed light through but was opaque enough for privacy. Very interesting touch. I enjoyed breakfast two times in the restaurant and found the service to be warm, professional, and appropriately speedy. I only had a couple of minor gripes…upon check in (which was friendly and efficient) the agent said I had a one night reservation. My reservation was set for two days. She said she would update my record to reflect the two night stay. After business meetings the second day I returned to the hotel and discovered my room key didn’t work. As suspected I was checked out as the records still only showed a one night stay. Small gripe but we can all relate to the annoyance of a room key that doesn’t work. Also, the cab driver had a very hard time finding the hotel. If possible some signage in the development would really help to point the way to the hotel. Overall very nice hotel…I hope it succeeds. The hotel seemed slow the days of my visit. Check out this place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 25, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad you were very impressed with the hotel and had a great stay. I apologize for the error with your reservation, but I'm glad to know the issue was resolved. Thank you for your great comments regarding the location, furnishings and decor. The pool and terrace area is a great place to relax and hopefully your next stay will allow you time to enjoy. Thank you for choosing AVIA and we look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in The Woodlands.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2010

I believe this is a brand new hotel, the place was beautiful, the rooms are spacious and well laid out. The staff is very helpful and nice. It was a bit of a trick finding them as they are back in this cute little shopping area and my GPS told me I was there when I was still out on their street, while they are tucked well within this shopping complex, not in view from the street, a sign would have been most helpful.
If I were to have to give a "helpful suggestion" to the hotel to improve my stay I would only suggest maybe placing some tea in the rooms along with the coffe for the coffee maker, as I am not a coffee drinker but love a hot cup of tea. And that maybe a stonger or better cleaner for their shower floors may be in order, while the shower is beautiful and spacious, as a mom I noticed that the shower floor was much less clean than the rest of the shower, that white grout is a neat trick to keep clean, but you chose white, now you gotta choose a cleaner that keeps it white :) Please don't get the idea that it was filthy, it wasn't. Just a suggestion from a gal that spent a lovely time in your huge shower :)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank gratefulmomTexas
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
I've read your comments and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our newest AVIA. Thank you for your suggestion of adding tea bags to the rooms for those that don't drink coffee. I will also take your suggestion regarding the grout in the shower in consideration. Being a new hotel we are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for staying at AVIA and we hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in The Woodlands.