“Great hotel!”

Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt Market Street over the Memorial Day weekend. The rooms were pretty and clean. The bed and pillows were like being at home. Had room service for breakfast and food was great. Such a great location, park your car and you can walk everywhere.

• Stayed May 2013
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us over memorial weekend. We hope to see you again on your next trip to The Woodlands.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Every year Ironman host's a 140.6 in the Woodlands and Hyatt Market Place never ceases to amaze. There attention to both the athletes and spectators needs are truly anticipated on every level. From custom grab-and-go breakfast's served extra early on race day, to extra towels, and unique touches of encouragement such as a letter of congratulations for the athletes. We will always stay at the Hyatt Market Street when visiting the Woodlands, both for a race and for leisure.

• Stayed May 2013
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your awesome review. The Ironman is such an incredible event, we are honored to be a part and in awe of the athletes who participate. See you on your next visit to the Woodlands.
Calgary
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This gorgeous former boutique hotel is situated in the heart of Market Street. No need for a car. You can walk to all the shops and restaurants, and even the big mall is within walking distance. Perfect for our date weekend. The rooms are new and gorgeous! Designer finishes and super clean. The chocolates were a nice touch.
The only drawback was the very early morning garbage truck. We were awoken by it each morning by 6am! It's hard to believe the city council lets this nonsense go on. The hotels hands are tied on this one. They tried their best to make us happy and they succeeded. Try to get a room facing market street.

Room Tip: Although the back facing rooms still have a gorgeous view of the amphitheatre, ask for a room facing...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are so happy you were able to come visit on your date weekend. I promise we are working with Market Street and the Trash company to ensure that they aren't picking up before 8am, certainly not a great way to wake up on the weekend.
Thank you again, and we hope to see you on your next weekend get a way.
Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have read reviews of this hotel that say it could be the setting for "The Truman Show", this I think is true, in the best possible way. The setting is a suburban fantasy of shopping and eating that resembles a movie set in the best possible way. The hotel provides the ultimate setting for a concert at the next door pavilion, or just an escape weekend. The upgrade to a a wonderful patio suite was amazing!. Good job Hyatt!

Room Tip: Get a room over the Market Street area, it is like "The Truman Show" in a great way.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2y2r2onot2
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for writing about our hotel. We too think it is a very special place and so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back soon.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a great place! My daughter and friend were attending a concert, so we decided to book a room rather than dive back to Houston. Best decision I've made in a long time! Wonderful rooms, outstanding staff and service. Perfect location!

Room Tip: I think they are probably all great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Mel,

Thank you for staying with us. We loved having you, come again soon.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I actually live in Downtown Houston and work from home full-time when not traveling. Because of that I get a little stir crazy sometime so I decided to come up to The Woodlands and spend time in The Market Street area. I never really did that before. So i decided to stay at the Hyatt Market Street Hotel. I'm a platinum member at Hyatt and I generally receive SUPER good service pretty much anyway, so I knew going in that my stay would be nice. However, my expectations were COMPLETELY exceeded within a very short period of time.

Check-in was efficient and quick (which I love). I was also recognized as a platinum members and immediately offered a 2PM checkout (which I always accept). Once I got to the one bedroom suite I was in shock! It was SO beautiful and in fact, the hotel reminds me more of a little boutique hotel versus the usual chain type rooms. One of the main reasons I loved it but aside from that the suite was super clean, organized and very well appointed. The furnishings were clean and very nice. The big highlight for me was the HUGE shower and bathroom (which I love). I think i took 3 showers within a six hour period just because it was so nice.

I did not order any room service during this stay but I did call the front desk for extra towels, extra coffee products, and some extra soap. The housekeeper that came to the door was really nice and offered to get me anything else I needed. I noticed during my stay that the housekeepers were really, really friendly and they did a great job cleaning my suite.

I did walk up to the restaurant area and they offer a beautiful buffet and it looked really good but I already had meal plans outside the hotel. The pool, little hottub and outdoor area on the second floor was really wonderful, comfortable, etc. In the evenings they have happy hour every night, offer outdoor musicians to relax by and little fireplaces that you can sit around. In fact, my suite overlooked this area and the music (while bothersome to others) was quite nice to me.

The bed was extra comfortable and came with a LOT of pillows (which I love for my mandatory fort building prior to going to sleep). I slept like a baby both nights I was at the hotel.

This hotel is now my little weekend getaway when I need to get out of the city for a couple nights. I honestly can't wait to come back!

Email me if you have any questions about the hotel or surrounding area.

Room Tip: Opt for a one bedroom suite...they are not that much more and believe me, you will LOVE the huge spa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Scotty,

Thank you very much for all of your kind words. Our team of associates is truly amazing and we are very fortunate to have a great location and beautiful product. We value your business and hope to see you again very soon in The Woodlands.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I am still at this hotel during day five of six days of meetings and I can best sum up my opinion this way - - I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!! I'm not sure where to start so I'll begin with my first point of contact, Ashley. She is so accommodating and helpful with all of our changes and requirements. In addition to sleeping rooms, and daily meeting room requirements, we had a private NCAA watching party in the Cabana that went off like a dream and earned me lots of praise! She’s great to work with and not one thing wasn’t exactly how I asked. Thank you, Ashley! Then you have Ruben. He's just the most helpful person I probably have ever dealt with during all of the meetings I've set up over the years. Every meal is set up on time, the meeting room constantly cleaned, always on the ready to help with whatever is asked of him and all done with a positive, can do attitude. I think I asked him to change the set-up for the NCAA watching party about three different times and he never flinched or acted annoyed, just was happy to get it done the way I wanted. He's fantastic. Truly. And then you have the delightful Pricilla (she works with Ruben), who is equally as helpful and accommodating and fun to have around. Without the two of them, this week would have been a nightmare, but instead it worked out really well. Now, on to the food - when you’re sitting in a room for two meals a day plus breaks for six days, you usually can’t take even one more hotel meeting meal, right? Well, not the case here. The chef is amazing. Seriously he’s Top Chef material. The meeting participants are people who travel all over the world and are used to fine dining restaurants, and they all, and I mean, everyone, commented on how good the food is. The hotel is next to the renowned restaurant, Jaspers, and honestly, the chef at the Hyatt makes better food. Thank you for the five pounds I no doubt gained this week. They were worth it!!! I don’t have the names of the rest of the staff handy, but from the bartenders to the front desk to the valets to housekeeping, everyone has an amazing helpful attitude. If you have a question or need something done, you don’t get the “it’s not my job” attitude. Everyone pitches in, regardless of whose job it is. This hotel is so well run; their model should be duplicated by every hotel in the Hyatt chain.

And of course, let’s not forget the reason for a hotel – the rooms! They are very nicely decorated in a modern style, spacious, have a comfortable bed, and are super clean. They are also very generous with the toiletries including toothpaste in the room, which hotels almost never do anymore without asking. It’s a little thing, but this hotel does lots of little things that make it amazing. Oh and the location is awesome!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wendy,

Thank you very much for your amazing review! I will be sure to share with all our team. We are so blessed to have such an incredible staff. We hope we will see your group back very soon.